• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late goose season... You in?

I went out to the lake yesterday to snoop around. All the water is hard now! It is about 3/4 of an inch thick. I am thinking that come Saturday morning me, Big Green Boat (BGB) and Little Black dog will be at the landing! BGB will bust up to one and a half inches without much problem and more if there are more people in the boat. Hope to open a nice honey hole for them. Put out the floaters in the water and the Big foot dekes on the ice near the water. Good luck to all and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Thats the plan for us as well. Nothing better than bustin ice all the way out to the spot and screaming as you do it cause it is so loud. Now that is waterfowling at its finest. Just wish it would have froze up like this 2 weeks ago so all the mallards that are going to be landing in the dekes would be shootable. Oh well I will take some honkers any day. Wishing to get some lessers, OH YEA!!

Hutch is always so full of geese its amazing, last time a drove through i bet no lie i saw 2000+ geese sitting in feilds or on the river within 2 miles of town, i will be hunting some feilds down by new ulm where we did good early season and have been seeing geese flying by when we are out by that are, hopefully everything falls into place.

RR56

I too am excited about late geese. Over X-mas break, I will prolly be out to Pierre for at least a week killin' honks. That area has a tendancy to hold hundreds of thousands of honkers that time of year. It will be one of the first times since September that I have been able to put those new Hardcores to work...

Good luck to all headed out for the big birds. As for me, I still have 5 days to beat on those green headed birds.

Andy cool.gif

Our group plans on hitting it hard this weekend just hope the geese cooperate. I have been watching around 300 plus geese on a local lake and have been following them out to there feeding fields. Those late season migrants can be a blast but they are tricky. In the last few days they have been switching fields but I feel confident in my plan of attack. The one thing I will admit to all new-comers to late season goose hunting is these birds are wise. Scouting is important and good decoy spreads and low profile blinds, or good camo to lay in the open are a must.

Good luck to all!!!!

The last few days I have noticed that the birds have been hopping fields a lot. Been burning a lot of gas chasing them out then back to where we started again. Some fresh snow and a lot of luck are needed. Good luck to all. Flip