• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite bait you bought last winter...

RuKiddingMe

So the season is almost over. Some have put the boats away and other will be doing so soon. I’m going to try and get out at least one more time hopefully couple more.

I’m sure just about every one of us picked up some “New” baits over last winter that you have never thrown before. Now that you have had the summer and fall to try them out which “New” bait stood out from the crowd of new baits for you?

The Musky Magic Slidin’ Shad was hands down my favorite “New” bait.

How about the rest of you Musky Hunters,,,

I'm with Cooter. Phantom hands down , with the manta in a close second. Tried mine out on mille lacs this week and it got us 7 follows with two of them being fish on. I ended up getting my fish, a fat tullibee eating, 42 incher on a figure eight. I have never seen a fish so aggressively pursue a bait. The manta got eaten by a high forties fish that unfortunately got off at boatside.

Teck, i just happened to pick that color up in the small size as well. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. I got the small one in that color because Thorne bros is getting a little sparse on selection right now and understandably so considering ice fishing should be getting into high gear and we shouldn't be able to get our boats out. I bought it because it is a great color on Leech lake.

Looks like open water time will wind down soon though allthough my boat stays unstored until i see ice on the lake.

The Phantom is awesome bait also, the was my favorite new bait 2003 summer. I bought the one that Laura was offing from M101, custom color (black and red with the orange belly, in crappie pattern) made specifically for M101. They run so smooth and working them is almost effortless, casting them on the other hand can take it's toll after a day on the water.

Sounds like you had a good day on the TECK, Congrads...

RU

The Salmo Slider is a hot bait. The new smaller size is a great bait for many species, even big cats.

You can slow retrieve them or jerk bait them and they draw fire from fish. A Great lure!

Another big fish bait is the new Salmo Giant Chubby Darter. They vertical jig them and troll them. They too are seeing use on a wide range of species. The giant California bass appear to love them.

I love the sliders! I can't wait to give the giant Chubby Darters a try too.

My favorite new bait for this year was a Pacemaker. Clack clack clack clack KERPLOOOOOSSSSCCCHHHHHHH!!!!! Gotta love the surface lures!