• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Seats

Ears

Well, I have made up my mind, the otter house was much better looking that any other portable. Now the question is, what seat to buy. I have seen the one with a metal base, but who has the one with a plastic base? What are your thoughts on them?

Ears, I made a bench for my Otter last year and made two single seats for it this year. It's not real tough to make a set cheaper than what you can buy them for. I was lucky and found some alluminum bleachers and 2"X2" alluminum angle iron. My seats are strong and light. I should be able to get pictures of the bench if you want.

I have the grey padded seat on the plastic base. I LOVE it it is as comfortable as my barcalounger at home!!! Although it is a bit heavier. If you are transporting your otter by snowmobile or 4 wheeler this is the base I would recomend. If you have to hoof it across the lake I would go with the metal one it is a little lighter.

Cory Frantzick

I just ordered the Baitholder Seat. I liked the fact it sits a tad higher and I have a place for my beverage and extra dodads. Besides on the ice. Im also looking at getting a second lighter seat system made for when Im pulling by hand. I suppose a good folding chair may do if worried about weight. Im thinking aluminum rest like the ones you buy then mount my own swivel seat to it. Cant be too hard to do.

Once ST gets his bench seat I will check it out and see if that may be the way to go. All the Otter seats are nice. Even the smallest one wasnt too bad.

I've got the economy seat in my little Otter Den. I think it is super comfy. I spent half a day at the ice fishing show a couple years ago giving all the different seats a test run. I went with the economy seat because I thought it was the most comfortable to me.

I had one of the bait holder seats in my lodge but I didn't care for it. It was so bulky to carry around and it wasn't that light. Plus I am fat guy grin.gif and the seat curves up on the edges and it hurt my rear at the end of the day. So, I weld some frames up last year and similar the the economy seats frame and then attached a standard Mills Fleet Farm cheap boat seat. Way less bulk and more comfortable for me. Whole project cost about $60 for two seat and the metal I needed.