• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd weekend

I do, I hunt 4b, another group hunts the first season, but we fill all our tags at least 75% of the time, usually average about 1.5 deer per guy, including bonus obviously, so I am not complaining. Pleny of deer where we go.

WB - I totally agree. I am a bow hunter I have had a few chances to shoot deer, including a decent (but young looking) 8 pointer. I just LOVE being in the woods all the time, and having to hunt a second weekend isn't UNLUCKY!!

this year the second season might be the one to wait for, we were very lucky first weekend, only saw 3 deer but we got 2 so we filled, i talked to groups that were 0-13 0-16 3-10 so i was happy, i dont think the rut was in swing yet like most years, weather has been a little cooler latley, maybe they will get started here, what part of the state do you hunt in?

Kids and I will be out this weekend too. Had a couple opportunities last weekend, but not deer yet. I too am just happy to get out there, altho personally I would like to be chasing the grouse yet as I only have one lonely bird in the freezer waiting for a couple more to fill out a decent meal for the family...

I will be out there this weekend and next weekend too. We've never shot anything second weekend before, but this year I feel like I actually know what I'm doing. I'm not sitting on the same stand for all 4 days hoping fate smiles on me.

I hear the grouse thing. I saw 3 birds last weekend including 1 at about 8 yrd that I coulda aced with my 30-30. Its kinda nice to see a grouse in the cross-hairs.