• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappies!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually fish by myself, and hardly ever keep fish, so if I ever get into crappies, it always looks like I just took a picture of the same crappie over and over. Sometimes I want to keep them all, just so I can get a pic of a good limit, but then I do like these two pics. Late ice (beginning of April) in about 40 degree weather. Awesome day! You can even see my sweatshirt laying in the sled!

Brandon

P3300223.JPG

P3300221.JPG

Dan,

To be completely honest, this is the truth, I got 17.75 and 17.25 inch crappies last winter on the same day, just minutes from each other. But, the fish above was thicker then both of those. I'm a die hard crappie guy, and I'll be very lucky to ever see another crappie over 17 inches in the midwest on the other end of my line. The man up above was looking down on me that day smile.gif

All of those fish were released, I'm more than happy with a graphite replica. That 16.25 incher still has the possibility of getting bigger, and I would love to see it caught next year measuring in at 17 inches smile.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

i'll try and find a pic of me and the old lady. caught a pair of 16's somewhat near the metro. my buddy, no joke, caught a 18.5 INCHER. was a beast. saw it with my own eyes. caught mine in the same lake as his. no way you'll get that lake out of me. maybe have to trade spots with Matt, but thats about it, if he's lucky. Huge fish in this lake though. Hopefully i can find it.