• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best venison jerky recipes

The best I have used are the dry mixes.. I have a meat grinder so I grind the meat and fold in the dry mix with a minimul amount of water. (directions on the box) Then I let it sit overnight and shoot it onto the dehydrator with my jerky gun. VERY GOOD.

I'm interested in this too. I make a lot of duck and goose jerky and would like to find a good recipe for venison. I don't like the ground meat types of jerkies, and prefer the pieces that are just cuts of meat that you can pull apart by the grain. I don't imagine it is very complicated to make a good marinade that you could then dehydrate, but I'd be interested in seeing some that are tried and true.

I have had the best luck in a dehydrator vs. a smoker. I prefer wet marinades over dry. Marinate overnight for best results. Most commercial marinades work well as lomg as they have a packet of cure in the contents.

I use the dry mix you find in any store in a dehydrator.

My best add in is a little single malt scotch.

I use Two table spoons per pound before I put it in the fridge over night.

Dont use two much as that is all you will taste!

The scotch will add a flavor that will stay in the meat for as long as you can chew on it ( That is if you like to savor it ) The best thing about jerky is it smomething that takes a long time to perfect, But when you do !!!!! yahooo smile.gif

i use a dehydrator also. the packaged mixes are convenient and taste good. if you want to make your own be sure to use instacure. it makes a huge difference! you can buy it at most places that make/sell sausage and jerky supplies. good luck!!