• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Meal

IcEaHoLiC

Pan fried Walleye, Crappie, Sunnie, Small White Bass, the way my wife does it...just makes my mouth water thinking about it!

I like a chunk of large Northern once in awhile, fixed in the same manner as Torsk (Boiled and Broiled Cod)...hummmm, I really like Torsk and Halibut, yum!

Broiled Ocean Perch and Pollack, Cod, I really don't have a preference as to what is served with it, usually a salad, some spicy fried potatoes, whatever.

I like Smoked Kippers, Smoked Salmon, Broiled Fresh Salmon, Yum. Smoked trout, especially Splake and little Lake Trout and the smaller ones are also really good Broiled.

I can't stand it any longer, I'm gonna go up and thaw some fish for dinner...Grebe out!

Good topic smile.gif

I like to fry up fish using a Shorelunch style approach. Some sort of breading/batter mix. Cajun is always good. Tough to beat fresh fish during the winter. Catfish, perch, crappies, bluegills and walleyes are all good.

All of this thinking about fried fish is making me hungry grin.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Fried is good...maybe the best...but try this:

Dip the filets in cooking oil, and put them in a glass baking dish. Then sprinkle crumbled potato chips and some shredded cheddar cheese over the top. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or so.

Stuffed walleye or rainbow is tough to beat. It's a little upscale and takes just a little more prep but thr results are visually stunning and equally delicious.

Bread two nice sized fillets with a cornmeal breading like the "Lost River Cornmeal Herb Breading" (which I produce and sell) It's basically a Blend of cornmeal, dried potato, herbs (basil&thyme), a little garlic, salt.

Prepare the stuffing by loosely crushing some Club crackers, mix in some mayo, a little sour cream, grated cheddar or parmesan, minced green onions, and a tiny bit of dijon mustard. (The texture should resemble a chunky and somewhat drier egg salad mixture)

Pan fry as usual then spread a 1/2inch layer of the "stuffing " on the top side - add a dusting of paprika, then pop under the broiler to warm and brown the stuffing. Serve with a nice green salad, and garlic mashed potatos or a baked spud.