• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

carbon monoxide

bwtrout

Question

6 answers to this question

Carbon monoxide is lighter than air but not much.....(CO has a molecular weight of 28 and air is mostly nitrogen (N2) which has a molecular weight of around 30). For gases the ratio of molecular weights tells you which one is heavier.

Carbon Dioxide is significantly heavier than air and shouldn't be confused with carbon monoxide.

Always place your detector in an open area. For instance, if you place the detector in an outlet in your kitchen between the counter and the cabinets you can get a false reading because the ambiant air doesn't circulate as well.

These detectors are very sensitive. Mine is mounted aprox 18" off the floor in the fish house and when I charged the battery the first time, the detector went off. I looked in the manual and it is also affected by sulfer something whatever.