• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance X18c is it worth the cost ?

gunflint

Question

I will be upgrading my depth finder for next year. After alot of searching I'm leaning towards the Lowrance X18c. Can this unit separate bottom huggers from the bottom in 10' to 100' of water? Are the connections solid enough to disconnect and reconnect it 75 times a season? They are obviously spendy however, if I can see fish on the bottom I'll gladly pay.

9 answers to this question

Gunflint - I run the X-15 and have run the X-19 as well as other color units. If it was my money? I would look at others first, then? Sitex is a good start. Your answer on reading walleyes in the muck is yes. The plug/unplug issue should be fine??? I might wait a year to see if prices will go down?

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

B2

i run a x-19. great unit. good view of fish right on the bottom and if they are really really tight you can have the flasher turned on. it comes up on the side of the screen just like the vexlar edge. took a bit to get used to reading the color but it was well worth the money. bring your check book!

I agree about the X19 it is probably the best unit out there. The X18 is a few years old now and doesn't have the pixils as the newer ones. I think it has 320 pixils which was good a few years ago but only decent today. If you want a good color unit go with the LMS330c with is a sonar/gps combo unit that is less money then the x18 and has similar performance, and has gps included. If you don't want the gps the x100c is a great color unit for the $. It is a LMS330c without the gps. and about half the price of the x18. good luck

It truely was a lucky day for me when I found this forum. To hear from people who actually use this stuff instead of just selling it. My first choice was the X19 however a sales clerk at Cabelas said that because the screen on the X18 was smaller you did'nt need as many pixels! All things considered it looks like I'll be mounting the X 19 in my boat next spring.

Last year my X-70A went south and I called Lowrance for a fix. They said they would no longer fix my unit and they said they would send me a coupon worth something like $150-300 depending on the unit I bought. I sent them my my old unit and got the coupon. I decided on the 18C+GPS and installed it in my boat and am very pleased to say the least. It doesn't have as many pixels as the 19C but it does all I ask of it. I personally felt for my use the extra $ for the 19Cwasn't worth it for me, you might be different. You will also be pleased if the 18C is your choice.

Good Luck

Mueller

Hey guys you might want to hold off until the spring shows. Many of the units on the market have been replaced by new units. I talked to Ron Hunter with Lowrance at the tackle show and I didn't see the 18 or the 19 in their new lineup, but I may be wrong. They have many new products this year. Many of the high end units were discontinued and upgraded.

Jason Erlandson

early007

Sound wisdom! I heard a rumor that lowrance may be comming out with a 102c. a 480 pixel x 480 pixel in the 100c price range. like I said " a rumor".I'll be at the sports show in Duluth in febuary, with my checkbook. unless of course any dealers out there want to cut a deal on any now obsolete 18,s or 19,s taking valuable inventory space.