• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Wr In The Game?

mnvikingsfreak

That's a pretty good list, if you're going just on this year you might have to flip flop Johnson & Harrison at this point. Walker might have to be 6th, he's having a pretty good year, in spite of being on a lowsy Packer team.

Yo Otto, Who's on top for TD's??? J. Walker? NOPE!!

Besides who would you rather have? Moss or any of the Packers receivers? I hope your smart about how you answer this one. For the record Cris Carter was also better than Sterling Sharpe! If you doubt that we will see who is a hall of fame first ballot inductee!

buzzsaw

let me see, i want to be smart here. ok here goes, i'll take walker because moss has a bad hammy. how's that for being astute??

if and that's a big "IF" sharpe's career wouldn't have been cut short because of the injury he would have been right there with carters stats, easily.

Well it isn't an argument over who's better between Moss & Walker. Walker's a nice player, but come on guys, Moss would likely be a hall of famer if he had a career ending injury now! ie: Gale Sayers (sp)

In the same token how do big individual numbers from a WR make him not a team player? What's his job? Let's see, catch the ball & try to score, that's how you put up big numbers. You don't hear about too many teams with great winning records simply because "they have the three best blocking receivers in football". Marvis Harrison, Moss, TO, Rice, etc. put up big individual numbers. Sure they need to make blocks occasionally every game & sometimes big ones, but they're paid to get open & catch the ball.

I thought the non team player comment on Walker was funny, but it's ridiculous based on that argument.

I try and stay away from football debates, simply because fans have such closed minded views they can't see from the other perspective. Its pretty evident once again from both sides of this debate. Since the definition of "Top" to be in the top 5 is subjective anyways its hard to have a consensus. Also to say big numbers and a losing records mean the player is in it for themselves, come on. That doesn't hold water. Are you saying LT is only in it for himself, because he puts up great numbers, yet plays for the Chargers, who up until this year have been a bad team? A lot of team conditions factor into stats. Walker would not have the numbers he does if Green Bay would have been having to play shoot out matches all the time. If Green was having the same numbers as last year,I'd bet Walker would not have the better numbers. I agree with Big Bucks, he is simply doing what he is paid to do. Is he suppose to tell Favre don't throw it to me anymore I have enough catches and yards? That said I have put a top 4, since I couldn't come up with a 5th to include(too many to choose from).

1. Moss

2. Owens

3. A. Johnson

4. J. Walker

To not have Walker in the Top 5 for this year, one either has to be an opposing fan putting their own spin on things( most evident here), or one just doesn't know what they are talking about.

Walker is a good wr, it is because he has one of the best qb's throwing to him. Wait until farve retires and see how the pack and supporting players are after that. You lose farve and you lose games. If it weren't for farve the pack would be competing for last place with the bears. And to compare Moss to Walker is just wrong. It doesn't matter who throws the ball to him he makes plays. I mean Brad Johnson was one of the leagues best passers when he was here. When pepper was hurt last year, forgot came in and was rated one of the best passer's for those 3 games. Not hard to pick the best for me.

Gus Forgot, never heard that one before. Very nice!

One constant for the Vikes is that any backup (besides Spurgeon Winn) was able to come in and still be successful. Were they all great QB's or does this show you how good Moss really is???

I do think that Walker is a good reciever but we'll see how he does when Favre is no longer there.

I agree with fishinphilth. It has alot to do with the QB. Look at Chris Chambers this year, he is a good reciever that has done anyhting this year because they don't have a QB. No Favre means that Walker isn't going to be putting up those numbers. Don't get me wrong, but javon is good but not even close to randy moss.

playing with cris carter made moss a better wide out. moss has made some great catches over the last few years, he dosen't even need to be open to catch a ball, he has great hand eye cordnation, and hands down the best reciever. TO would be a solid 2nd, but I think harrison has dropped, he may be just getting double covered to often, thats why stokely and wayne are haveing great years. and it also seems some of the best recievers also have the best QB's throwing to them. culpepper, mcnabb, manning, and farve throwing to walker.

1 moss

2 owens

3 walker

4 ward

5 harrison