• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wright County Anglers League first meeting.

I just wanted to remind everyone that the Wright County Anglers League will be holding their first meeting Saturday, March 6th at 12:30 pm at Buffalo Bar and Grill in Buffalo. All anglers are invited to attend the meeting. I will be on the side with the pool tables. There are several long tables behind the pool tables and I will be in this area. I will be wearing A red Cabela's hat with a gray bill. The meeting should last about an hour.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hi Dan,
is this a multi-species league? If so, we will be willing to work with you in forming a Wright County LETS League.

Tom Herman, Dennis Steele, ChuckN or Dan Wood will assist you if you'd like to get a LETS League going.

Hey guys, a LETS league in Wright county sounds good. But just to let you know there are A LOT of leagues already in this neck of the pavement. These lakes get hit pretty hard. Just an example: I was in a league and one night on Buffalo Lake there were 2 other leagues on the same night and I know of one other that was on Buffalo the previous night. Just a heads up. smile.gif

Hi Rick...
Thanks for the offer, but we've decided to do this on our own. At least at first. We want to keep the costs down and the commercial aspect far removed from the enjoyment of fishing... grin.gif --Andy

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 03-18-2004).]

I have filled Dan in with the Wright County lakes, and the dilemmas that have been reported to the DNR. It is a fact, that there are people reporting more and more complaints with the additional organized get-togethers on the lakes.

Dan,
I will try to get our league contact to you ASAP, so you are aware of the leagues we already know about, and their schedules.

Multiple leagues showing up at a lake at the same time is only going to create more problems.

Thanks for the heads-up guys,
The last thing we want to do is promote a bad image for fishing leagues. I'm willing to work around other leagues schedules if they are willing to work with us. There are 160+ lakes in Wright county so we should be able to work with each other. I think it is to our advantage to work with each other because the last thing we want more government telling us what to do.

I'm not sure what a LETS league is but it i'm kinda thinking along the same line as Andy. Im having fun dreaming this thing up and we can go many differant directions with it. I would like to get our league started first, take our baby steps, as we get some experience then we can get more involved. Im fishing in a B.A.S.S. club too this summer so I cant go too crazy or my wife may hide my boat key.

When we get our schedule figured out I'll be more than happy to pass it on to the other leagues so we can avoid conflict.

I'll tell you what may be kinda fun is if we could some day organize a Wright county championship. Get the top angler from the all the differant leagues and fish for Wright County bragging rights.
I hope those other league practice Catch and Release.

...That "Wright County Angling Championship" sounds like a cool concept too, but way beyond us, at this point...it would be nice to have some sort of Angler's Coalition/Association, for cooperational reasons...

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 03-18-2004).]

ackotz
Right on man!
Last fall my league partner and I tried to get the ball rolling for a "cooperation" of sorts. We got names from more than 10 different leagure reps over the summer, and we had a meeting with a person from the DNR Fisheries in attendance for questions.
Our thoughts were to try and get an overseeing group that several leagues would report to. People thought it was a GREAT idea, until the night of the meeting of course. Only 6 people showed up, and 4 of them were from our league. A total flop and waste of time.

One guy in our own league that came was totally against making it more organized. He wanted to keep it simple. Well, nobody was saying we want to make it difficult. All we wanted to do was to make it more organized, so people would run into less conflicts. And in the end, make it more fun for everyone. Just a matter of time, before the DNR will need to step in and make the changes for us, if the complaints continue to rise.

Good little "get together" yesterday...and nice meeting you guys too. Look forward to the opportunity to fish with you guys, if the scheduling works out for me (I hate my job hours)...See ya. -- Andy

------------------
"I fish. Therefore, I am...(hungry...)"

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 03-07-2004).]

Who did you send the e-mails to? I was at the meeting and have not gotten one yet. Would you send me a copy please? You should have my email on the list we passed around.

Thanks.