• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Like it or not, you'll be forced to plug in!

leech~~

If you are thinking of getting a new gas chainsaw, weedwacker, leafblower or any gas run yard equipment.  You can forget about buying any of them at Home Depot. If you have not heard they no longer sell gas operated yard equipment. And it sounds like most big box stores are following. 

Good luck cutting down that 100 year old Oak with your new Everyready! 🤭

Edited by leech~~

4 hours ago, Ronnie D said:

Oops, wrong thread !

20230725_131016.thumb.jpg.c478e590eedae16d5221941e18bb0bd6.jpg

Choices are fine.  Forced doesn't always jib with freedom!  

Some where the rubber will met the road at commercial grounds work and things like logging and dads weed trimming a 10' foot garden edge.  

Isn't anyone cutting a Redwood down with a Volt!  ;)

Edited by leech~~

28 minutes ago, Duffman said:

goml-grumy-man-main-image.jpg

Dang your getting old, you used to be the most handsome guy on here, we were told!  Probably all that waiting for shat to charge will do that!  :P

Edited by leech~~

Dont understand the debate on switching. Clean energy, no maint. & everytime one is purchased it takes a couple of pennies out of the 1.1 billion/ week in profit made by people that think we shouldnt exist because of religiuos beliefs.

I think in 10 yrs that new battery tech ( sodium / lithium & hydro cells ) will have the run time issue addressed & pulling cords, plugs & oil changes will be a pita memory, except for the old geezer riding his John Deere while  yelling From my cold dead hands !!!

yea these greenie psychopaths cant see beyond  there nose. 😒 what happens to those batteries when there shot??? landfill more then likely.  same people are probably parading around against mining.........just where the f$%^ do they think they get the material to make this stuff. 

i drove down to Ramsey and back, got to thinking about this electric car dump..........seeing all these vehicles pulling trailers, boats, RV's.......yea i dont see that working well any time soon.

3 hours ago, Ronnie D said:

Dont understand the debate on switching. Clean energy, no maint. & everytime one is purchased it takes a couple of pennies out of the 1.1 billion/ week in profit made by people that think we shouldnt exist because of religiuos beliefs.

I think in 10 yrs that new battery tech ( sodium / lithium & hydro cells ) will have the run time issue addressed & pulling cords, plugs & oil changes will be a pita memory, except for the old geezer riding his John Deere while  yelling From my cold dead hands !!!

Another, white, libber, urbanit, saving the planet fantasy!  "Look, it's magic you just plug this cord in and clean air comes out!"  🤭

Screw the little African kids, mining lithium by hand is a good job! 🙄

pwuf9arnywc61.png

Edited by leech~~

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Another, white, libber, urbanit, saving the planet fantasy!  "Look, it's magic you just plug this cord in and clean air comes out!"  🤭

Screw the little African kids, mining lithium by hand is a good job! 🙄

pwuf9arnywc61.png

I think ya might have african children  lithium mining mixed up w/ the 2/3 of the worlds diamond supply ( but nobody buys those.)

Australlia & S. America are the biggest & Tesla 's mining their own in Texas. And yes I do just plug in & clean energy comes out. My garage wall outlets & door power are wired to an inverter / BATTERY unit thats charged by the solar panels on the roof.

Not magic, just science

16 minutes ago, Ronnie D said:

I think ya might have african children  lithium mining mixed up w/ the 2/3 of the worlds diamond supply ( but nobody buys those.)

Australlia & S. America are the biggest & Tesla 's mining their own in Texas. And yes I do just plug in & clean energy comes out. My garage wall outlets & door power are wired to an inverter / BATTERY unit thats charged by the solar panels on the roof.

Not magic, just science

Well it's cobalt but yeah.

FORBESINNOVATIONTRANSPORTATION

EDITORS' PICK

Battery Push By Tesla And Other EV Makers Raises Child Labor Concerns

Alan Ohnsman

Forbes Staff

I cover advanced transportation and climate-oriented technology.

Feb 8, 2023,12:00am EST

A child and a woman break rocks extracted from a cobalt and copper mine in Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of Congo. 

Carmakers have committed tens of billions of dollars to dramatically boost the production of batteries for electric vehicles in the U.S., including Tesla’s recent plan to triple lithium-ion cell output at its sprawling plant near Reno, Nevada. All of those plants need vast amounts of costly raw materials, including cobalt that’s mainly mined in Congo—and often by children.

A study by New York University and the Geneva Center for Business and Human Rights finds that major auto, battery and electronics manufacturers are doing too little to ensure the cobalt they’re using doesn’t involve child labor at Congo’s numerous unsafe “artisanal” mines. It also calls on these manufacturers and mining and processing companies to help create safeguards that eliminate the practice and improve overall safety.

“About 80% of the world’s cobalt is in the Congo and 20% of that comes from these informal artisanal mines,” Michael Posner, director of NYU’s Stern Center for Business and Human Rights and who helped create the report, told Forbes. And although companies including Tesla claim they don’t source cobalt from operations using child labor, “10% of the world’s cobalt is coming out of these artisanal mines—it’s a huge amount of product,”