• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Affordable Snowmobile Rental?

Getanet

My sister and brother-in-law are coming to stay with us the week of Christmas. He prefers to come here in the winter as he's lived in the South most of his life and enjoys experiencing a different season. He's in the military and a bit of a gear head, and I think he'd love snowmobiling. I've tried to find places to rent snowmobiles at a reasonable price, but most of them are $200+ for a day or less. Seeing as we'd need 2 machines and I'd like it to be my treat, that seems like a lot of $$$ for a few hours of fun.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any more affordable places to rent them?  Would be willing to drive a few hours from the Twin Cities.  

From what I have seen their pretty much all around the same price.  There's a few Resorts and shops that rent them in the Brainerd area.  Check Facebook Market Place or C/List you may find lower cost ones? 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, Getanet said:

My sister and brother-in-law are coming to stay with us the week of Christmas. He prefers to come here in the winter as he's lived in the South most of his life and enjoys experiencing a different season. He's in the military and a bit of a gear head, and I think he'd love snowmobiling. I've tried to find places to rent snowmobiles at a reasonable price, but most of them are $200+ for a day or less. Seeing as we'd need 2 machines and I'd like it to be my treat, that seems like a lot of $$$ for a few hours of fun.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any more affordable places to rent them?  Would be willing to drive a few hours from the Twin Cities.  

Did you get an opportunity to go? My wife and I rented snow machines a couple years ago and enjoyed it. Going to do it again this winter

1 minute ago, tacklejunkie said:

Did you get an opportunity to go? My wife and I rented snow machines a couple years ago and enjoyed it. Going to do it again this winter

Snow machines?  Oh your north of Duluth, never mind.  ?

16 hours ago, tacklejunkie said:

Unfortunately not. The week came and went before we even had a chance to think about it. I did get my brother in law out ice fishing once, so he got a little taste of what Minnesotans do for fun in the winter. Was hoping for a bunch of snow so he could snowplow my driveway!