• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Placing My New 25 Hp Outboard, On The Transom Of My 14 Foot Aluminum Boat, Alone.

Mike U

I just purchased a new Yamaha 25 hp outboard motor, and wondered if it was possible to place the motor on the transom of my 14 foot aluminum boat, by myself. Any ideas on how to do this safely.

1 hour ago, Mike U said:

I just purchased a new Yamaha 25 hp outboard motor, and wondered if it was possible to place the motor on the transom of my 14 foot aluminum boat, by myself. Any ideas on how to do this safely.

Mike U. Welcome to the forum.

If you have a garage you could try a come-a-long and hang it from a cross beam and lower it down. Or stop by a Crossfit gym and and get some help setting it on there. ?

You can but it would be much easier if you had some help. Biggest thing is to open the clamps up so it can sit on the boat quicker and give your arms a break.  I swapped out an 18HP for a 35HP and it was like trying to carry a 100lb sack of potatoes. Got it done but heavy. Today I would not even think of doing it myself but back then I was a little more hard headed. I am also assuming its a tiller with no controls to hook up. I would guess it will be around 125lbs according to Yamahas site.