• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wing It Quick Swap weights

Anyone else using them?

I did for the first time last weekend and was instantly hooked.  I ordered a kit today along with some floats and light sticks too.  These are the best thing I’ve seen for bait rigging ever.  The thing I’m looking forward the most to is being able to set up the entire family to fish with the proper weights all the time, no matter what water we’re fishing without retying everyone all the time.

Pretty cool.

I have been using these for years!!  I never understand why people I fish with don't use them, but I haven't lindy rigged without one for the past 8 years or so once my buddy showed them to me.  I bought the kit also and then had a bait shop go out of business and they had larger weights so I have them up to 2oz.

3 hours ago, ozzie said:

I have been using these for years!!  I never understand why people I fish with don't use them, but I haven't lindy rigged without one for the past 8 years or so once my buddy showed them to me.  I bought the kit also and then had a bait shop go out of business and they had larger weights so I have them up to 2oz.

8 years, eh?  Yeah, I had no idea they’ve been out that long!  But I’m not an ardent walleye guy anyway.  That could change a little in the future now.

I ordered straight off the website but see they are carried in stores.  There’s the lightweight and heavyweight kit plus the bottom bouncers.  I ordered the lightweight kit and bottom bouncer kit to 2 oz also.

It’ll be so much cleaner and easier to have a cluster of rods in the pontoon WITHOUT bobbers and weights bouncing around and tangling in transit.  Keep just the connectors on till we’re ready to fish and just push on the right weight or float for everyone as we bait up. :cool:

exactly!  It is nice to lighten that bouncing a weight causes when going from spot to spot.  I always end up with a sinker or 2 in my pockets at the end of the day and need to remember to put them back in the tray for next outing.  one thing that I always do is throw a bead on my line between the sinker and the swivel

12 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

used the quick swap bobber for the first time yesturday. really like them. line slips thru fast. 

fishing a foot off bottom in 14 FOW for gills. 

Ordered yesterday morning; delivered this afternoon.  Now that IS quick!

Had to check out the floats and quick swap connectors.  I ordered the 7 float package with one of those small floats you mention.  I can see how it work well for what you were doing.

I picked up some of the line through floats also, as I’ve used them in the past and been happy.  What I was hoping for is the quick swap connectors being the same for the weights, floats and lights.  They are.  So I can fish the line throughs with braid for the main line (brass grommet on top) and quickly switch to a lighted bobber set up with just a quick cut and retie of the line after adding the quick connector on the bottom and the light on top.

It occurred to me how easy it’ll be to switch even the same rod from rigging to float fishing by just adding or removing either another quick connector or just a split shot.  So now I have all the weights I need from 1/4 - 2 oz, including bottom bouncers, and multiple size floats with lights for the fam in 1 Plano 3700.  And I can leave 4 rods at the dock in the meantime!  

Yah, I’m diggin this!