• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird helix

huntnfish

I upgraded my electronics this year to a Humminbird Helix 10. I love it so far with the exception of not being able to split the screen into 4 separate screens. The max that you can do is 3. I would really like to be able to have the map, sonar, down imaging, and side imaging on the screen at the same time while trolling. I emailed tech support and they said it's not something that is an option at this time. Right now when I'm fishing I switch back and forth between map, sonar, and DI and sonar, DI, and SI. Is there anyone else that thinks this should be an option? I don't know see why you can't customize the screen to show whichever features you prefer instead of only using the preloaded options that Humminbird decided on. I have thought about emailing the company weekly asking if they have that ability yet but wanted to see if anyone else thinks it should be an option. 

It might be better to buy a small second unit and link them. 

My guess is what you want is not something enough people want to justify implementing.

Personally I have a hard enough time watching a bobber.:D

I would agree with Purple.   Just add an inexpensive unit of your choice for the maps.   You could even use a cheap tablet with the navionics app on it for the mapping, if money was an issue.     You can buy a 7 inch generic (RCA) tablet for around 50 bucks.    A few bucks more gets a holder.    

I could always go and spend more money on an additional unit but some of it is like Floyd said. I have a hard enough time watching one screen. I have the app on my phone. I think that lowrance has the ability to split the screen into 4. I just can't believe I'm the only person who would like to see this but maybe I am. It may not be as big a deal once I get more familiar with the unit. Right now I like to look at all the screens to help discern what it is im seeing on the screen. 

I appreciate the input! 

50 minutes ago, huntnfish said:

I could always go and spend more money on an additional unit but some of it is like Floyd said. I have a hard enough time watching one screen. I have the app on my phone. I think that lowrance has the ability to split the screen into 4. I just can't believe I'm the only person who would like to see this but maybe I am. It may not be as big a deal once I get more familiar with the unit. Right now I like to look at all the screens to help discern what it is im seeing on the screen. 

I appreciate the input! 

Just wait till they come up with the remote submarine drone with 3d high resolution camera that can see through algae and milfoil and transmit to your eyewear in 3d.:lol:

I struggle with properly tying a berkley knot......