• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Webster Area this week

Coming out to the Webster area and wondering how the fishing has been. Looking at fishing Waubay a couple of days and Bitter. Possibly others, but wondering how things are going.
Also wondering what bait has been generally doing better, maggies or minnows? Will need to get bait from Vados if maggies is the preferred way.
Thanks for the help and looking hitting the Glacial Lakes area!

Check out my profile for a link to my homepage. I have links to a bunch of South Dakota fishing reports.

I know someone that went to Waubay last Saturday, didn't have any luck. They ended up at Reetz lake where they caught some fish.

Lynn is west of waubay lake about 8 miles. Reetz is south of Webster about 6 miles right along the highway with the farm palce in the middle of the lake.

The Trap attack was a couple of weeks ago on Waubay.

[This message has been edited by ifishsd (edited 02-11-2003).]

ifishsd-

I talked to the guys down at Sportmans Cove in Webster and they said that the whole lake won't be open to the tournament, so I can spend at least one day there. Any ideas. My luck the fish will be bitting hot in heavy in the area of the tournament.
I was hoping to hit Reetz, Bitter, or Lynn one night as well. Any hint on how the bite is going there? No need to bring fish home, just out to have a good time.

report from February 5, 2003 for bitter lake:

Getting a few walleyes and perch. Grass Lake Conservation Club Fishing Tournament was held on Bitter this weekend. Largest walleye weighed in was 4.01#, several others were over 3#. Most caught in 20-24 feet of water.

Northerns still doing pretty good on the west side.