• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass clubs

M1dwestF1sh

Probably not going to do Tourney's this year again unfortunately. With a 3.5 year old and a 7 month old it just doesn't work out very well. Plus my wife works in a hospital so her schedule is all over the place. 2 years ago I did the Greenhorn and loved it. Placed 4th for the year and got 2nd in the Tournament of Champions. I really wanted to do it again but probably not going to happen. I'll probably just pick a couple of Tourneys throughout the summer to fish. 

Where are those tournaments craigums?

I did the greenhorn Wednesday nights last year and liked it but hated the 3 hour tournaments. I also do a small 12 boat club on some Saturdays with a lot of the greenhorn guys and those are pretty fun and laid back. 

There really aren't any good up north trails left, and I won't have enough time to commit to fishing something that is all around the state. Which, y'know, is a bummer because I love tournament fishing. The past couple of years the MT3 circuit has only been getting about 12-15 boats per event, which is pretty paltry...hardly worthwhile.

I'm sure I will fish the BassCat owners derby because 1)it's on Mille Lacs and 2)it's free! 
Beyond that, I dunno. 

If anyone needs a partner for a tournament, keep me in mind. I will bring Twizzlers!

This is just the topic I was going to bring up, so glad to see it got started.   Me and a buddy are signed up to do the Wed. night greenhorn series. This is a first for us as far as money clubs. We did a "Fun Bass League" for a few years in the Chisago area a number of years ago - real casual, on your honor, total inches on five fish.  Any tips or words of advice would be appreciated. Really looking forward to this. 

rascal

I did the Wednesday nighters last year and it was great! Great group of guys. Try not to get intimidated and talk to people. Everybody there is willing to help and talk so its nice to be social. Its very laid back so don't be nervous. My favorite part was listening to the people who placed and how they caught them. I placed in 2 of the 5 tournaments but the other times is was interesting to see what others were doing that produced way better than my ideas. 

The only bummer is the Wednesday night tournaments go so quickly, either your game plan works or it doesn't. Not much time to adapt. 

If I find somebody to fish with (or I might just do it alone TBH) I'll see you there!

2 hours ago, rascal23 said:

Any tips or words of advice would be appreciated. Really looking forward to this. 

Midwest is right, dont be shy about chatting with the other teams. Try to get to the launch at least a half hour early as it can get hectic at some launches trying to get 20+ boats in. I like to get there early so I dont have to rush and its a good chance to talk to the other guys. 

My partner and I both run alumacrafts. Feel free to chat us up.

We are looking forward to redeeming ourselves, last year was our worst season yet.

If I fish it this year it will be with a buddy who has never fished competitively before. This league is a good one for that as the majority of teams are friendly and most teams talk afterwards about how they caught them. You learn a bunch pretty quickly. I'm not a huge fan of WBL or Forest Lake...

Wednesdays will be Amateur Bass League.  I'll also fish the Battle Tested Fall Classic (watch out Craigums).  I also signed up as a boater for the TOC (MN Bass Federation) on Mille Lacs this year.  I will be living on Mille Lacs for the last half of July, if anyone is looking for something to do give me a shout.  

I will be fishing North Metro Bass Academy's Saturday Tournaments as well as the Greenhorn Advanced Sundays.  I know the NMBA tournaments are open to anyone and you can fish as few or as many as you want to without any league fees.  Nice set up for folks looking to fish couple of tournaments during the season.  The tournaments are well run at have 100% payouts.