• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Things you dont see everyday

This week has had a couple of major jobs that I thought I would share.

This 98 Honda Accord came in for a leaking fuel tank. The entire rear subframe needs to be removed in order to replace the tank.

Before

tank_before.thumb.jpg.26f8eaf20773e1523d

After

Tank_After.thumb.jpg.667d14ef5ecb45ae334

This Ford F150 came in to have the heater core replaced. Once the dash is removed it is a pretty easy job. He also mentioned that the blend door was no longer working as well. Upon removal coolant was dripping out of it. Once it was taken apart the corroded circuit was pretty obvious. I also included a pic of of the blend door actuator without the top cover, just in case your curious to see the inner workings.

heater_core.thumb.jpg.a455c72ebc1cc4dc94Actuator.thumb.jpg.2e7b69365a641100486daactuator_disassembled.thumb.jpg.8fae9891actuator_corroded.thumb.jpg.1107b8832d67

Somebody must really love their 98 accord, that looks like a deal breaker to me.  

Mine is going to roll 250K in the next month or so, assuming it doesn't develop a fuel tank leak that needs the rear subframe removed for replacement before then.  Or the timing belt breaks, because that's any day now.  Or the clutch goes out.  Or the slow oil leak turns into gusher.  Or a door falls from the rust.  Good car though, bought it with 96K just over 12 years ago.    Brought her to the moon and she looks it.  The cosmic rays have pretty much eaten off most of the clearcoat.

After I cross 250K it's headed off to that big parking lot in the sky.

I'm not a mechanic, but I always lurk in these posts of yours, airjer.  Interesting stuff.