• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HS Football Updates/Shout outs...

dfv87

I am excited to see the Becker Bulldogs attempt to defend their 4A Title... Despite being undefeated and blowing out teams all year... The "QRF" talk (funny how the 6A teams did not have to use it) gives them the #2 seed in the section after undefeated ORONO (not to downgrade them in the least as they are very good also) but we have won 20 straight games including beating Orono last year. Yeah I know "last year is last year" but both teams have most of their guys back... in addition our section also has a tough Zimmerman team that we have already beaten and now have to play again... but all in all I still like our chances to repeat.  

This QRF deal is frustrating because Becker is a team lots of 5A schools would not want to play, I am NOT inferring they are "afraid" of us merely they would get nothing if they won and there is a risk of losing and the QRF would then suffer dramatically. Couple that with rivals from the "conference" days that are some still 3A leaves us picking up Hutchinson and New London (perennial powers in FB) only to get very little from either in the way of points. We destroy 3A #2 in the AP- Albany (they were 7-0 now 7-1) 42-6 and get next to no QRF credit yet we are told our schedule is weaker so we have to be the #2 seed. So be it... 

I know the fellas will bring a small chip on their shoulder and hopefully we see them repeat!

Go DAWGS!

Congrats to Orono for a great season. Game was a classic HS showdown that we were fortunate to be on top at the end. (Could have gone either way.)

Boys battled through a tough game on the road and I hope this pushes them to the title. 

Go Dawgs!

Was at the last couple STMA games....the West game was a classic with two heavy hitters trading blows. Think Spring Lake Park would have taken both with a heathy first string quarterback though. Have not followed the game enough to know how they will fair against St Thomas. Can't imagine the dawgs losing now....but guess ya never know.....never thought Totino would have gone down after finally beating EP. Good luck to all still left. 

Thx Pushbutton... Hope my Dawgs (Becker) can pull off the Repeat! By the rankings we have played tougher teams already... but then again they said we weren't the top team according to the rankings either... Good Luck STMA also!

Saw that Eye poke and it was pretty sick. Way to lead your young guys by downplaying it as "they were chippy too" coach... How about you do what HS are supposed to do and teach the kids... that is bush league behavior. I understand in a championship game tempers flare at the end and maybe there will be a push or shove as emotions get away but that was just a cowardly move to poke a kid in the eye?!?!?!? No excuse for it and that coach should be ashamed of his squad and himself for even offering an excuse.

My Becker Boys really went out on a good note but I wanted to congratulate SSP on finishing so strong and not giving up. They could have packed it in at 35-0 in the 4th and instead they got in the end zone 2X. Great effort! That is teaching kids to play the right way.   

Edited by dfv87

Nice to see STMA get the 5A victory!

I saw that poke. Pretty cheap, the kid was laying on the ground. Sounds like if he is in any other sports this year, a penalty could be applied in those.

Not a very good coach if you ask me. In one breathe he says that is not what they teach them and in the next breathe he says it was chippy and that his kids just react to what is happening around them. Basically he is telling the kid that it wasn't his fault.

Edited by RuddyDuck