• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat trailer axle help

Tom7227

A friend damaged the axle on his 14 foot Shorelander trailer today.  Tore the plate that holds the front of the spring on the right side and bend the tube of the axle itself.  I saw that Northern Tool sells and axle that may be right for $200.  I can't tell from the page if there are shackles with the axle.  I also don't know if that setup is going to be good enough quality for a boat trailer that will get some decent miles put on it.  Anyone have any experience with the Northern Tool axles?  This is the one that I am looking at,  http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200648986_200648986      Thanks for your time.  Tom

If he tore the plat that the leaf springs attach to you may want to look at the shorelander page and see if that plate is replaceable and or order that piece/part from them. If the axle dimensions are the same as the old one than it should work.

Edited by Jeremy airjer W

My friend ended up deciding to junk the trailer.  The tongue was bent as well.  We had gone duck hunting at Goodners Lake near Cold Spring and apparently there was a deep hole where the cement ties ended at the landing.  The empty trailer got hung up there and the damage was done when my friend backed up and gunned it to get it free.  We were lucky to have seen it and made it too a shop without major damage.

Thanks again for  you advice.

Tom