• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sticky mess on my car?!

Parked my silver beauty right outside the house for a couple days.  Today I discover there is some dirty hard little black specks of stuff all over the car. You CANNOT just rinse it off,  you must scrub it off vigorously and then follow it with a cleaner wax.  What IS this stuff.  We have concluded it is sap or something off the trees,  although there are no trees directly over the car. It took me half the morning to scrub it off and now I'm going to have to spend the other half of the day with a good cleaner/wax.

What is it!??

Sap, I think.  It's drippin' all over my Tomato's  too, from the neighbors tree...then it picks up dirt, wind kinda dries it. I had it on my black metal flake truck, too. :mad: That's my guess, unless someone blew up a Pepsi nearby.....

Edited by RebelSS

Honeydew. It's been terrible all summer.  Never seen it this bad before.  It's actually clear but the dust sticks to it and then all those little spots turn dark colored.  

Now the bees are out and I noticed that they collect it off of the vehicles. Yesterday I climbed in and watched one go from spot to spot on the outside of my passenger window. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeydew_(secretion)

Not only drips off but blows in the wind.  I have work vehicles that are parked across the lot against a building and they still get "drizzled" on and the trees are a fair distance away.  Not as bad as the vehicles under or near the trees, but they still will have specks all over the windshield.

Yup it has been a banner year for aphids of all types, not only in the trees but in the crops as well. Get back into the pickup after looking at fields and they've been crawling all over me. Frequently I am covered with their goo as well so a shower at the end the day is a must or I stick to everything. This means it might also be a banner year for those lovely multicolored Asian lady beetles in my house again this fall after the aphids are gone. :mad:

I'm afraid of doing that for fear I would end up with one of those dreaded erections they warn you about on TV that last for four hours or more.-you know, the ones caused by the little blue pills.

Shucks,  if I had one of those I wouldn't worry.......I'd be running all over the neighborhood showing it off.

I'm afraid of doing that for fear I would end up with one of those dreaded erections they warn you about on TV that last for four hours or more.-you know, the ones caused by the little blue pills.

Shucks,  if I had one of those I wouldn't worry.......I'd be running all over the neighborhood showing it off.

LL

Edited by RebelSS

Like all the TV drugs, someone should include the warning that they do at the end of the commercials after they show how happy you will be with the drug. 

"Carlick may cause inflammation of the tongue which may lead to suffocation, see your doctor if you experience bleeding from the eyes or worms in your defecate. Carlick has been known to cause liver and kidney failure. Do not take Carlick if you are caring for small children or volunteering at the church. See a professional photographer if etections exceed 10 inches. Also we now list the obligatory symptoms of all TV ad drugs. Shortness of breath, high blood pressure, increased heart rate, headaches, neausia, dizziness, virtigo and death. Ask your doctor if Carlick is right for you!"

:)