• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Permit carrier defends himself and kills robber

You will see this story in the MSP media.  Man carrying,   with permit, a pistol.   Bad guy and his pals want to hold him up. He pulls his own pistol and shoots. Bad guy dead.  Good guy alive. Without going nuts about this we need to see more of this. Learn, study, think examine your own emotions and capabilities. THEN....learn to carry and shoot.....shoot.....shoot.

Just remember to use your head.

You will see this story in the MSP media.  Man carrying,   with permit, a pistol.   Bad guy and his pals want to hold him up. He pulls his own pistol and shoots. Bad guy dead.  Good guy alive. Without going nuts about this we need to see more of this. Learn, study, think examine your own emotions and capabilities. THEN....learn to carry and shoot.....shoot.....shoot.

Just remember to use your head.

That'll learn the bad guy for not being so bad. It boils down to the right guy packing, and knowing what to do. 

Saw that when it came out the other day. Sent it into NRA for the Armed Citizen column in their Rifleman magazine. Guess the punk wasn't as bad as he thought. That's why I handle/practice EVERY day at least a bit with all of mine. Live, love, eat, sleep, practice with it in the light, in the dark, every possible situation you can, because when the s___ hits the fan, you won't be ABLE to choose how, when, or why. 

I am curious what happens when they release the name of the law abiding citizen.  We are already hearing about how the deceased was a great kid and the family is now questioning the number of times he was shot.  Will Pitchfork Nation be ready to mobilize?  Will the shooter have his business picketed?  Will he receive death threats?  Will "Child Killer" be spray painted on his garage?    

Mom is already working the narrative.  From the Start Tribune:

Broadbent’s mother, Leeann Broadbent, said Monday that her son didn’t “have that kind of heart” to pull a gun on someone.

Broadbent, who was going into his junior year at Henry Sibley High School in Mendota Heights, was active in sports and had started getting “in a little trouble here and there, but nothing like this,” his mother said. “If someone pulled a gun on him, he would have dropped [his]” rather than shoot.

http://www.startribune.com/alleged-robber-shot-dead-in-st-paul-by-victim-was-w-st-paul-teen-mom-says/320481982/

Edited by Mid-Lake Rock

Hold it right there!   A junior in high school. Mother quoted as saying "if someone pulled a gun on him he would have dropped his rather than shoot."  

Excuse me madam- what was that gentle soul,   a JUNIOR in high school,   doing with a pistol in his possession in the first place!!??

Mom was probably at home wasted on whatever drug of choice she uses. I have absolutely no sympathy for those type of people who are involved in garbage like that, (friggin' gang-banger) yet when they suffer the consequences, they scream the loudest. Spent my career dealing with that, and I have absolutely zero tolerance for it. I applaud the permit holder. Unfortunately, he will need an attorney for the civil suit that is certain to follow brought by the whining, crying, family of the deceased "angel". Watch it turn into another race issue and dissertation of why her perfect little lamb was cruelly singled out. 

Edited by RebelSS

. Mother quoted as saying "if someone pulled a gun on him he would have dropped his rather than shoot."  

Boy, she sure knows her kid alright,  grew up the right way. Must have been some sort of rule in the house hold, if you draw first and the other guy draws, just go ahead and put it down with your hands up......