• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I would classify those as LBMs.  But, I've seen pictures lately of so called Fairy Ring mushrooms (Marasmius oreades) that look very similar to that.  Word is that they are edible.  I've spent no time researching them, though.  It might be worth googling, though, if you are curious.

Fairy ring mushrooms are edible...and they're actually pretty good (usually just the caps, though, as the stems tend to be stringy and tough).  Shortly after upping their life insurance policies, they're often ones I give to the (soon to be) in-laws, as they grow in lawns that can be replete with all sorts of funny chemicals. The park near my house is full of them. But if I know the grass free of chemicals, I keep them for myself.  We've got them popping up in our yard right now, so they're in season.

Those do look like fairy rings, but I've never seen fairy rings growing in anything other than grass, and I've never seen them with that odd ring near the outer edge of the cap.  In all my findings, they've also not been that densely packed.   I'm not sure what they are, but (I hate to say it) NoWiser just *might* be right. 

I was just there yesterday, and I'll be in your neck o' the woods tomorrow afternoon sometime.  Last time I drove by, it looked like the City of Sauk Rapids was about ready to charge you a nice assessment for a little work they're doing on the street in front of your house. :)