• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Hills

dav13id

Anyone know a good campground to stay in end of May first week June? New to this camping.

Lot of questions.

What will you be camping in?

What will you be driving? Makes a diff if you want to ruff-it and go more remote.

Who will you be with and will they-you need a shower and water=wife,kids,GF?

Closer to more attractions or maybe have Bison walk through in the morning?

So there are lot of choices.

sorry about that, want a campground with at least water and electric hookups, shower for the wife, and close to the sights out there. will be pulling a 26 foot trailer with half ton truck.

There are so many places around that whole area. Lots of them are just a pad and hookups out in the open. The two below have trees at least. We stayed at Big Pine many years ago with a 28' RV and it was pretty nice and right off one of the main hyw's.

Blue Bell. Great place ! Stayed there a week 2 years ago with the pop up.

That's the other one we stayed at that I could not remember. We had Bison around our site in the morning. Not sure if they can still roam the campground or not?

LOTS of choices in the Black Hills area!

We stayed at Horse Thief Campground near Hill City. I felt this was the perfect mix of in the woods and still close to the activities.I would definitely stay there.

When I'm looking for campgrounds, I check out RVparkreviews. Its a great public internet place to see ratings and reviews of different campgrounds. Also the maps are helpful for determining proximity to the attractions.