• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

07 Polaris 800 X2 Not starting

Notime

I have an 07 Polaris 800 X2 that is not starting. It turns over but no putt putt. The only thing that I have done since it was last ran about a month ago is change oil and add about a cup of antifreeze. I checked on the Polaris forum for this but I couldn't find anything about it. This is fuel injected. I checked the fuses up front and I added more gas tonight and still nothing. It is in a heated shop and the battery is only about a year old. Thanks in advance for any help!

I have an 07 Polaris 800 X2 that is not starting. It turns over but no putt putt. The only thing that I have done since it was last ran about a month ago is change oil and add about a cup of antifreeze. I checked on the Polaris forum for this but I couldn't find anything about it. This is fuel injected. I checked the fuses up front and I added more gas tonight and still nothing. It is in a heated shop and the battery is only about a year old. Thanks in advance for any help!

Again, fuel, compression, spark. If you have spark and compression. Bad fuel pump? bad injector? clogged filter?

I didn't mention that this animal is a twin so I'm not sure if it would run on 1 cylinder or not. Leech, I was thinking fuel system myself. Does anyone know if these have a coil or a stator for spark? When I turn the key on the fuel pump cycles for the fuel injection.

On the end of the fuel rail which is mounted to the top of the fuel injectors there should be a shroeder valve with a black cap on it. When you turn the key on you should hear the fuel pump cycle, after that push the shroeder valve and see if you have immediate fuel there or if there happens to be some air in the system. In the event your ran really low or out of fuel you may have gotten some air in the line. You may want to try replacing the spark plugs as a first try. Be sure your battery is charged up and at peak voltage as well.

I tried the Schroeder valve tonight and I only got a quarter size drop on a paper towel. Should there be more? I tried to flood it and I can't even smell gas. Makes me think that there is a plugged line or filter or I have delivery issues. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Well after checking every connection I could find and cleaning and re-lubricating them I still had nothing. I pulled the one spark plug and had no spark so it went to the dealer yesterday. They did finally get it running but it threw a fit for them as well. Turned out to be the sensor on the crank. They said it held the same idle speed according to sound but the tach kept dropping to 500 or so and then it would jump back up to 1100 where it is supposed to be.