• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Water Clearness Problems

WalleyeSlayer21

Usually if there is much wind involved the opposite side of the lake from the murky one will be much clearer. I have seen where a lake was like pea soup on one side and crystal clear on the opposite side.....That was down in your neck of the woods near Faribault.

any tips to check clarity vs cutting hole and setting dark house over it? I was fooled by my aqua view the other day, wasted time cutting large hole only to see cloudy water. Maybe I should only use the down view with camera vs having it look level with bottom? it is had to see the cloudiness that is only at the top 1-3 feet then its clear below.

any tips to check clarity vs cutting hole and setting dark house over it? I was fooled by my aqua view the other day, wasted time cutting large hole only to see cloudy water. Maybe I should only use the down view with camera vs having it look level with bottom? it is had to see the cloudiness that is only at the top 1-3 feet then its clear below.

Drill a hole and lay on the ice to look into it. Drop a decoy down with a line and pull a coat or blanket over your head to make a make shift dark house. Swim the decoy around and see how it looks.

I hate to say it, but the camera is a life saver sometimes too. Even before laying on the ice with a jacket over your head, dropping the camera down into a clump of weeds is better than cutting and discovering a mat you didn't expect to encounter. It's also a good way to find out how bad the inky ness is.

Thanks MJ!

I have a smaller decoy that would fit in an 8" hole.

My aqua view micro has let me down lately judging the clarity. Helps with weed line however!

I got an Aqua view micro for the same reason you have one. I remember cutting a hole and pulling the block out and seeing nothing but weeds. No fun.