• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Having to problems with internet connection

Recently I had to get a new modem from Comcast - although maybe it's not even called a modem any more. Since doing it I have to enter the 30 or so digit code to get the computer to connect to the internet every time I try to connect to the internet. Someone suggested that it has something to do with a setting for the history, but I can't find anyplace that has to do with history and connecting to the internet. It is likely someplace in the setup for the modem, and likely something that I boogered up while setting that thing up.

If this makes sense can someone give me some idea how to solve the problem.

Thanks for your time.

Tom

Yeah something is wrong with the profile. A wireless connection should save the encryption key. Delete it and start anew. I would even suggest a reboot between deletion and creating the new profile.

I agree had to change my box out. I use only mac computers etc in the house. Our wireless had to be wiped out and then the 26 digit encryption code put in. then it asks me to remember this location. which is yes. The one other thing i do is put a password on the actual modem that way it is harder to get access for someone who should not be in my world.

I have a similar issue with one of my wireless connections on my work computer -- it just won't remember the password. Only one, mind you, and I've tried deleting it and starting from scratch. For some reason, on that one connection, it won't remember the password even though there are at least a dozen others that it remembers the password for.

Luckily for me the password is a simple two-word pass phrase for that one network where the password won't stick. I haven't been motivated enough to google around looking for the answer -- after deletion and re-establishment didn't work I just gave up and type the pass phrase every time.