• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smallie tourney in Anoka!!!

Mark Christianson

Biglakeba$$ prefishes the week prior to the tourney. He has a underwater cage that he puts da smallies in, den scoops dem up and puts dem in his live well for da weigh in. Talk about ethics! smile.gif

Oh I'm only kidding, but I gave him an idea now - yuck yuck!

BigMike, Sorry, my buddy River Wader is going with me. You can use my other boat if I don't sell it before then(highly unlikely). I think it will go fast this spring though.

BigLake, Put mine under the bridge near the 2nd Piling!

5 fish limit for the boat!
You fish all day, and bring back 5 fish for your boat. 10+ to 12+ pounds has been the Team winning weight for 5 fish.
Big fish is typically around 4 pounds, and that has paid out several hundred dollars each year as well.
The Miss stretch is 6.5 miles, and the Rum is only .5 miles.

I think there are 5 or 6 pillars under the bridge, so get your orders in fast. The pillars are going like hot cakes!

I fished the first Smallmouth Tournament they had in 1989. We took 3rd place with
8lb 7oz. and came in 3 hours before we needed to. Live and learn. That is a fun tournament. I think I will get in this year.

------------------
Fishin's the fun part catchin them is a bonus!
((TIP) "Turn In Poachers"
1-800-652-9093
24 Hours a Day_365 Days a Year

Hawgtide...lookin' for a partner? Biglake is posting this topic everywhere...I'm just trying to keep up on all the posts. LOL!

I think this could be the pre-smallie magnet tourney! wink.gif

I asked biglake what some of the winning weigh ins have been when he has fished this tourney and he said 5 fish for 10-12lbs (I'm assuming per person = 10fish/team = 20-24lb/team). That doesn't sound all that tough for the smallie magnet! Especially with a week of pre-fishing and a cage to save'em all. $2500 winning payout sounds way to tempting!!!!

Well BigLakeBa$$ It was one of the first money tournaments I ever fished. And we got to thinking that a bird in hand was worth two in the bush and came in a weighed our fish. I have long since learned differently.