• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wondering about white gas products - still a market?

BoxMN

I have some Coleman Peak (Apex) type backpacking light-weight stuff and a bigger green coleman stove, and I don't camp much anymore. Just wondering if there is much of a market for used white gas equipment anymore. It seems everybody is using propane now. But with these being so small and lightweight I am thinking there still might be. I am going to try to sell them at a garage sale this weekend, but wondering if anybody is even interested anymore. Thanks for letting me know what to expect smile

I have some Coleman Peak (Apex) type backpacking light-weight stuff and a bigger green coleman stove, and I don't camp much anymore. Just wondering if there is much of a market for used white gas equipment anymore. It seems everybody is using propane now. But with these being so small and lightweight I am thinking there still might be. I am going to try to sell them at a garage sale this weekend, but wondering if anybody is even interested anymore. Thanks for letting me know what to expect smile

Ha, BoxMN let me know what you find out. I have all the same old craap right next to the newer stuff I need to find a new home for! wink

I use white gas in my MSR stoves, but as far as the old school white gas stoves and lanterns, the market is limited. I like the ones I have, but I don't use them anymore. To big, heavy and loud. They work well, but systems have evolved.

I'm sure there is still a market out there for people who need gear or people who need parts.

I'll let you know what they go for after this weekend, if they even go...

Thanks for info! Merkman if the stove doesn't go I might hit you up for directions on that conversion.

I have the big coleman white gas, works great. I use it if we camp out of the truck or if I want to fry fish and not stink up the house with oil I'll do it in the garage. One gallon will cook a lot of food. I bought it used for 20 and I saw they still sell new for 80-90.

You can run unlead instead of white gas with no problems. Last time I bought white gas was in the 80s.

Can I do this even if it is not a model that says "duel fuel"?

Also Merkman, any chance you have some specific part numbers or info on making that conversion to propane?

They did not sell, but our "sale" was less than spectacular. We did end up giving some kids a lot of fishing stuff for pennies smile so that was cool. They were excited.

Thanks!

I have run unleaded in all of my old green Colemen products, 2 burner stove, single and dual mantle lantern's and my single burner stove with no problems. I think the problem was the lead would clog the jets but don't know for sure.

Thanks! I still have them all, as they went through an "outdoor sale" and also a garage sale with no buyers. I also dropped the price to pretty darn cheap and still no go. I guess they don't take up much room, so I could keep them around, but maybe just also hit up the free stuff forum and get them a new home for some young folks who would use them more.