• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagles

eyeguy 54

Nice !

By the way there is never enough reach for a camera. I was shooting next to a guy with a 800mm Canon and asked if I could take a look. Big mistake. Now I need to find $14,000 without the wife finding out laugh

I did pickup the new Tamron 150-600mm. It will be great for still shots but for bird-in-flight the 400mm 5.6 is much quicker to focus and stay in focus.

Don't know if you guys read outdoor photographer magazine, but the chief editor had an article about shooting eagles from a distance and he posted some images were they used a 600L prime, with 2 2x and 1 1.4x teleconvertors, and 2 tripods to hold it, shooting like a 3200mm lense. Shots were a bit blurry, but definatly neat to see.

Nice !

By the way there is never enough reach for a camera. I was shooting next to a guy with a 800mm Canon and asked if I could take a look. Big mistake. Now I need to find $14,000 without the wife finding out laugh

I did pickup the new Tamron 150-600mm. It will be great for still shots but for bird-in-flight the 400mm 5.6 is much quicker to focus and stay in focus.

Glad you mentioned that about the 150-600, I had one ordered and backed out, talked to two people that had them and returned them mainly for that reason, slow auto focus and they both thought they were really a solid 400mm lens anything beyond that it got soft and wasn't up to there standard.

I've heard of a number of issues with focus tracking and the 150-600 with Canon. Some just plain don't work at all. The lens came out in January, will be interesting to see if some the issues are resolved by Tamron in the near future.