• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

iPad losses wifi signal

So for about a week both my wife and I are having trouble connecting to the internet via wifi with our iPads. The weird thing is that the pc (hard connection) and our phones (wifi) are able to connect.

If I unplug the wireless router and plug it back in after a minute we are able to connect, however it doesn't last.

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately it's a known issue on some IPads out there, lots of suggestions on how to fix it but some just can't seem to snap out of it.

I know some people have tried upgrading the firmware on their routers to the latest version, changed the wifi signal name, changed encryption protocols and password lengths, for some it seems to work, for others it doesn't.

Router replacement might cure it too ( I'd buy a different brand than what you have ), even if it's a newer router, chipsets can cause issues.

Mike

What happens if you go somewhere else and connect to wireless wifi, like starbucks or mcdonalds or the public library? Does the ipad work ok there? How about at your neighbors?

Sounds to me like the router is perhaps going bad. You could always go to walmart, buy a new router, see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, return the router. Or keep it if you like it better than the one you have.

It could be you are connecting, but not getting an IP address. Check to see if you are getting an IP address for your iPad. If not most likely a DHCP(IP address assignment issue.

Try restarting the iPad itself. You could also log into your router and extend the life of the DHCP address assignment and see if that help.