• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Impact Reviews

Big Bobber

I looked at a Crestliner Fish Hawk today. Was a bit disappointed with the room behind the casting platform, then looked at the Lund Impact side steer. Do you folks have any comments about this boat? Curious about the ride and whether or not the pro ride seats, air pedistals and hydraulic steering for a 115hp motor are worth the cost.

Thanks

I looked at a Crestliner Fish Hawk today. Was a bit disappointed with the room behind the casting platform, then looked at the Lund Impact side steer. Do you folks have any comments about this boat? Curious about the ride and whether or not the pro ride seats, air pedistals and hydraulic steering for a 115hp motor are worth the cost.

Thanks

Which one? And "worth the cost" is sort of subjective. Like Fancy air ride seats might not matter much if you fish smaller lakes and don't stay out for 12 hours at a time.

The Lund deep V boats all ride pretty well, for what they are.

I put in 15 hour days for the most part with 1/2 break at noon and about a 45 minute break about 4:30. Looking for dry ride when I have the wife and my kid's wives with me. I was looking at the Fish Hawk 1750.

Then those fancy seats will be "worth it".

I think the Lund IFS hull is pretty good. I sure like my 1775 pro vee (pre ifs).

Be a little tight if you are fishing 4 people, although when I was a kid we fished 3 in a 14 foot boat with a 5hp motor.

The Lund hull is a much better hull than the Chrestliner. Gets up on plane faster, tracks better and disperses water better wich means a dryer ride. From what I have seen the Lunds are more stable in the water as well.

If you can find a nice used Explorer in the 17 or 18' range they are a very nice boat in that price range.

The impact is a nice boat if your looking at a new rig in that price range. Max out the horsepower.

Who cares about the room behind the bow platform? That's where people who don't own boats belong smile. I bought my 1750 FH because it had TONS more space up front than a comparable Lund and INFINITELY more space than any Alumacra(p)ft. I suppose if backseat room is what floats your boat, go for it. The only time I am ever in the back of my boat is to vacuum it out in the fall. I've never had an issue as far as dry/wet ride. Stay out of the Bay of Fundy and you should be ok.

I spend 75% of my time behind the windshield. I do a lot of big lake trolling and I can run 3 lines in Wi. Put 3 guys in the boat and thats 9 lines. never do that with out a lot of back side room. Only time Im up front is contour jigging and rigging.

Thats why I like my Explorer it has a happy mediem of both.

"How? I don't like 4 in an 18 ft boat?"

I hear ya. I'm not a big fan of two in my 1750. "Stop. I think I'm snagged." "Hang on I have a backlash." "That looks pretty, let's try over there." "That's my cousin's place, let's go over and say 'Hi' to him." "I have to use the bathroom." And the hits just keep coming.

I agree with Northlander. My buddy has a Lund Tyee. It's a great trolling boat. I like the Crestliner Fish Hawk for being on your feet casting with the bow mount down. The Lund is a little clumsy for this.

I spent most my time on the water last 2 summers in a impact and for us it works great, never fished out of a crest liner so I have no comparison. They only complaint was we were in 5' waves and high winds on lake of the woods and we got soaked but that was more our fault for trying to fish that. Other than a few small things (not a huge fan of the twin consoles as the wind shields are a bit short and you got to hide a bit when running wide open in rain or semi choppy water, would like to add a speaker to face the front so you don't have to turn it up as loud to hear up front, the radio antenna is really short and we always have trouble getting stations when not running an iPod, if I remember right the live well drains in to the bottom of the boat instead of its own drain out so you got to run the pump if you drain the live wells while on the water) I would highly recommend that boat. We don't have the upgraded seat posts but have an upgraded drivers chair, one of the standard chairs broke last year but are looking into upgrading for this year. Hope this helps a little

Unfortunate that my "balderdash....etc" comment was posted out of context. It was meant to be a reply to a poster who made a cruel and unusual comment about the Crestliners. Now that post has disappeared and my post thus looks as lost as the little lamb. Ha Ha Ha!