• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATv tracks

Slate eyeball

My dad has tracks but they are for a kubota trv 1200 and all i can say is they are awesome!! It goes just about everywhere except steep hills. Other than that they keep a 2,000 lb machine a float. Tracks for a wheeler are worth it.

Randerson, yes the kabota has power steering and every other bell and whistle you can think of. As for speed I reall can remember how fast is goes cause normaly we are going slow with it around the cabin. But if I were to guess with tracks 10 - 15 mph on hard pack snow / not deep snow. And with tires around 20 mph. It's not a speed demon by no means. That's because it's a diesel and its full hydrostatic. It does have a ton of power and pay load capacity.

Ya it would probably steer fairly hard but it's hard to say. Call the local bobcat dealer and see if they know how hard the steering would be. I'm sure they have sold a track setup to one of there customers.

I looked at a product yesterday at the outdoor show that used fiberglass skis on the front and tracks on rear. About $3500. Guy selling it says its easier to steer, uses way less fuel, keeps your speed up and "floats" the ATV over the snow. Claims the only reason you need 4 tracks is for pulling and deep mud. Made in Wisconsin. Watched some video of a variety of machines using this setup and was quite impressed. I have a Honda Rincon 650 and he said about 45-48mph top speed with it. Anyone see or use this product? Not sure if I can post the company name.

Don't know of any tracks for that cheap. Not so sure about going through more with 4 tracks compared to skis and tracks. Maybe mud, but on snow with the ski/track setup you will stay on top instead of plowing through it. Plus the speed stays up and less fuel used. When you are stuck with tracks, your stuck!