• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

200 Verado vs. 200 proXS

SledNeck

Have you ever read your manual? [/quote=mamohr686]

Yeah I have read my manual and it says nothing of fogging the motor.

If you change the oil immediately before storing and do not run the motor again you will not introduce moisture in the system and have to worry about corrosion. If you run the motor in mid winter well then you are operating it which will reduce the time its sitting and no concern over corrosion.

You're not going to kill an engine with rust and corrosion if you let it sit in the garage.. Every old low mileage used car or truck would be garbage! I see the concern fro the manufacturer's point of view but really? Run the lawnmower with stabil. Snow blower too. Start the 01 chevy every few months since its not insured.. Oil, Lube, maybe start it in a garbage can and let it warm up mid winter on a warm day if you don't take it south or to the river. If you fish into november and back out in march. Run it once midwinter you probably won't harm anything. regardless of application. Stabil or any anti moisture additive is key.