• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ruger American

Lane

Hey guys, Looking for some opinions on the Ruger American.

I have been shopping for my first rifle for over a year now. I can't spend a small fortune, and want a rifle that is like the 870 Express of the shotgun world. Simple, reliable and going to be around for a long time to come.

I really like the way the Ruger American feels and fits. Although I have had an uncle and two different sales guys try to upsell me. The American has gotten great reviews, especially from Field and Stream gun writer Dave Petzl.

Any insights or opinions would be much appreciated.

Bought the .270 cal last year for one of my boys. Got a great price on it and scoped it out too. Great rifle and is very close to being a "tack driver". It feels great and shoots well. I love it.

It's a little too big for my one boy...he just turned 11. Thought about giving it to my 13 yr old but got him a different rifle instead.

I might keep it...for what, I don't know.

The wife claims I have too many firearms. I tell her a guy cannot have too many. She just rolls her eyes when I say that.

Can't go wrong. Great gun! Best of luck.

I bought the American in .308 about a month ago. It was on sale for $299.99, a bargain. It shoots great and I love it. I read many of the same reviews, I had originally planned on getting a Savage axis, glad I opted for the Ruger. great gun....