• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

For You Stickbow Fans

DonBo

Shot targets with this bow back in the early 70's. Was my Mom's before that. She probably got it in the early-mid 60's.

It's a Bear Temujin. 66", 33 lbs.

Beautiful piece of wood huh?

P1290462_zps0a888e40.jpg

Very nice bow. It's amazing how long target bows were.

Cheetah if you really wanted to shoot it. There are ways to straighten limbs out. It all depends on the severity of twist . Heating them up with very hot water, then twist them back the other way and hold it there when it cool off. If it works well enough to shoot don't leave the string off very long after that cause it might go back. Test it before throwing an arrow in it. Use you own judgement. I'm no pro but this did work with my dads '61 Kodiak.

Nice looking bow. Are the limbs still straight and is it shootable? I've got a real pretty Bear Kodiak in the closet that has warped limbs. One of these days I'll put it on the wall...

Yep, straight limbs, very shootable.

Like already stated, the limbs on your Kodiak can be straightened pretty easily. We used to hold them over steam for several minutes, then put the limb under a door and bend in opposite direction, hold till cool. With a little trial & error, you can get pretty good at it.