• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hitch for snowmobile

Jumbo perch

I have been searching for a hitch for a artic cat ext to pull my fish house My snowmobile rear bumper has a round tube that molded into a plastic bumper. I did see the anchor hitch but with that I would need to drill into the plastic bumper and I'm fine with that but I think the round tube is too small radius and if I drill into it the hole would be too big and lose stability of the bumper. I'm wonder if anyone has an idea what I can do or maybe you have ran into this situation. If you have picture it would greatly appreciated.

What year cat is it? Have you checked with Arctic cat for one? My 2004 Panther 570 came with a hitch made and mounts right on it. I know cost can some times be an issue. I just bolted a large hinge that I cut and shaped with a hack saw and drill one new big hole in the middle of it on the back of my old Polaris but that had a metal bumper with a flat spot.

Cat has a few OEM ones like this.

full-27051-40853-(kgrhqnhjbmfjiuqq3sibsb

full-27051-40854-mywfjbkagsx63ddot2zwnuq

I'm sorry the snowmobile is a 98 ext. If it matters the tow bar measures about 2 inches wide and I would guess 1-1.5 inches thick or tall. I did stop in at a dealership in osseo and the were very unhelpful. When I told them what I was looking for, they just looked at me and told me they don't have anything like that. It was a artic cat dealer also. Does anyone know if that plastic bumper comes off so I can notch it out since I do have a round medal tube where I could attack a hitch in the round tube and then put the square plastic cover bumper back on.

With a quick google and bay search, It looks like your best option is what leech suggested. I would just buy one online somewhere. They are around $50-$60. Its not worth buying more metal than you need and finding someone with a welder/bender. You can try to give Country Cat in Sauk Centre a call. They have a good inventory of parts or could get you pointed to what you need.