• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New SP700 TODAY!!! Where to ride? Clubs? Groups?

Moose-Hunter

Howdy All....

After what has seemed like forever, the funds FINALLY became available for my new ride. A 2004.5 Polaris Sportsman 700 Carb with a TON of goodies. And it's even CAMO!! grin.gif I'll be headed out to pick it up this morning!!! I know I'll have to read my regs book, but a couple quick questions....

#1: I gotta ride it....NOW!! I live in Carver county and would like to get out ASAP. Any suggestions as to where I can ride around here?

#2: After seeing all the political mumbo-jumbo happening lately in regards to ATV's, I'd like to get involved with a club or organization in my area. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks....

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 02-27-2004).]

Congrats Dan! First thing, join the All Terrain Vehicle Association of Minnesota. You can find it on the web. There is also listing of clubs on that site.

Check out the trail info on the DNR HSOforum.

Not to get off subject .. but 604#? I'm pretty sure the weight limit on designated ATV trails is around 900#... this doesnt mean theres not somewhere out there with a lower limit.

My Kodiak 450 weighs 584 dry and thats light by todays standards of *utility* type ATV's.

All I can say is WOW!!!! What a gas!!!

I just got back from a short ride and feel like a kid in a candy store!!

I got the 700 home on friday. After a couple hours gawking and adding all a couple goodies (and there's more to come!!) and "de-stickering" the beast, I finally got a chance for a real world ride. Deep (14" wet and sticky) snow.... no problem. Floated right over/through. Being that it's so new, top speed and WOT power has yet to be seen, but what I've seen so far....WOW!!

Thanks to all that posted with the info!!!

And a special thanks to the Hitching Post guys in S. ST. Paul!! Tim Wright in sales and my parts connection Brian. You guys are TOP SHELF!!!! We WILL do business again. Consider yourself warned. grin.gif

It was a bit of a battle, but we finally got the deal done!! Hats off to you guys!!

Gotta run. My neighbor told me of a "small" mud hole out in back of his house that may need investigation... or was that in his front yard.... Hmmmmmm....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 03-01-2004).]

Glad to see you like your new ATV. Sorry I didn't get to me you on friday after puttin on the goodies. Had to scoot for a 4 day trip to the LOW. Have fun with your new 700 Dan.

sledhead

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.

Hey Sledhead....

My apologies for leaving you out of my original thank you. This guy turned on the afterburners to get my new ride ready for pick-up. Over two hours AHEAD of schedule!!! I just can't say enough about the guys at S. St. Paul H.P.

When the truck sells, you may just be getting #2 ready.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks again guys....

------------------