• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoy of the month..... November

Neighbor_guy

Thanks to everyone who played along with the decoy of the month thread last month. Here is the challange for this month...

The "Sea Robin"

It should be a good one, many different colorations, multiple dorsal fins, and those huge front pectoral fins.

image-35.jpg

image-37.jpg

image-39.jpg

and someone else's idea of a decoy version...

image-36.jpg

Sorry about the pics, they came off my phone, so not the best of qualities.

Same as last month, lets see what everyone comes up with, no judges, no trophies, just having fun and comparing notes.

I'm a little off, but the natural color of the sea robin wasn't doing it for me, so i went a little to the folk side with this one. I really liked the example decoys you found, so I decided to try that shape for the head. I've never done one like that before but it's cool, kind of reminds me of an old plug. Now I'll probably have to make a red and white version... full-39247-39473-20131126_165212_1.jpg

This month has been a b-word at work up until this week. I finally got to get some decoy work in and the decoy of the month was included in that mix. Nothing like waiting until the last day to get it done, but here it is. It swims, but it don't swim great.

It does look a little bit like a Corsair, but just gives me an idea for something else in the future.

DSCN1558.jpg

DSCN1559.jpg

DSCN1561.jpg