• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RE:Hunting Arrows

esox49

Needing to purchase more arrows once hunting season is over. What is everyone usin? What do you like / what do you dislike? Heard lots of good things about the Carbon Express Mayhems, a little pricey though!

Thoughts?

There are a ton of arrows out there and most will do just fine.

Matching Spline Size and your draw weight is much more important that the brand.

I have shot Cabelas, Gold Tips and Bemans.

I now shoot Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streaks and that is what I will be shooting going forward, I like the Weight Forward design (many offer that), because I use expandable broadheads and my draw length is shorter than most. (26.5")

Have not heard anything bad about the Mayhems.

Find one you like, make sure they match your rig and let'em fly!

I let the bow shop pick them out for me and match something to my bow that is in my price range. When I need duplicates, I bring in one of the old ones. If they told me they didn't carry those anymore, I'd go back to step 1 and have them pick something out for me.

I'm not an equipment expert, they are, and they've consistently been able to get me to hit the mark when I shoot laugh

For the most part, I agree that most carbon arrows will do a fine job provided your arrow spine is correct.

However, I prefer my easton axis- full metal jacket. When I need to refletch my arrows, it's easier for me to remove the damaged fletchings on a metal surface rather than carbon surface without damaging the arrow. But, it still has the stiffness of carbon.