• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ground Blind

Z7EXTERME

Looking at buying a ground blind. Want to get one that is big enough for at least two people. I do turkey hunt and deer hunt. I take my sisters oit during shotgun season and getting my girlfriend into bow hunting . Want a good quality blind. Not afriad to spend some money on good blind if I have to but would like to save some money. Any input or experience good or bad wiyh ground blind would be awesome. ..

Double bull blinds are very good quality, but in my opinion, they arent really designed well for bow hunting. I personally like a blind that I can stand in and shoot with a bow, I hate trying to pull the bow back while sitting, and if I am crouching, it makes it tough to focus on the best shot. They work great for gun hunting though.

By far the double bull blind by "Primos" has got me impressed... have had others that use those the stake pockets to erect real pain in the rear... The bull has wide entrance, good zippers, and room to move around inside... They are a little spendy so... thats my take

http://www.primos.com/products/ground-blinds/double-bull-double-wide-door/

I' have the Ameristep Bone Collector. I haven't used anything else, but it has plenty of room for two, is easy to set up and take down, and has good visibility options.

To carry the blind I use a Blacks Creek Wild Thing backpack, which is specially designed for blinds. It also can carry two chairs, and a ton of gear. It's spendy, but makes hauling everything a breeze.

I am a huge fan of the DB blinds. The group I help guide for archery hunting uses nothing but the DB brand. Well but and I have not had a time I or we could not shoot a deer with it unless it was running through the woods.

I have used and own a few copies of the DB but they seem to not stand up quality wise like the DB. The hub system's on the lookalike's are built fairly cheap.

I did have 1 issue with the hun on one of my 8 year old DB blinds and called and they sent me all nthe needed parts for n/c.

Not a fan for ground blinds for archery hunting. I hunt pressured metro deer in a place where I have to take up and down any set. I used a Double Bull for a couple years, but every deer that saw it spooked. I'm using a Ghost Blind this year and so far so good. The deer don't even see it as far as I can tell. Of course, this probably won't work for two. But maybe?

The Big Mike by Barronnett is awesome. Plenty of room for two. While I can see all around if I want, my shooting lanes are fewer and smaller because of the window designs, but had the same problem when I was making my own ground blinds with shrubs and branches.

This is the first year I tried a ground blind. Having hunted out of hang on tree stands for 10 years and then going to a ground blind made me feel like Helen Keller!

Talk about not being able to hear deer and other animals around you. Unless your sitting in an open field or a hill top good luck seeing! LOL

As you can tell I don't prefer them I would recommend looking into a two person ladder stand.

Paint some cheap garden stakes (36"-48")

Zip tie to the stakes a leaf cut blind. Been using the 4x12' ones from FF, Two of them.

This all rolls up into an easy transportable roll that i put in my backpack straps to/from where ever i want to put it.

Sets up in <3minutes

Weighs maybe 4#

Moves with the wind.

Put a swivel chair in there.

Unbelievable camo.

I hate completely covered "Hub style" ground blinds. Can't hear or see squat. Great if you have kids or people who can't stand sitting in the elements though.

You can also use some natural cover to increase your camo. Here i had only set up 1- 4x12. This pic is from a few years ago. I've shot many deer using this blind. Including my first archery deer last year. I will hunker down when non shooter deer walk by. YOu can also hunker down, raise your gun or bow up, and then slowly elevate above the blind for the shot. I've had many of deer within 10 yds clueless smile

I'll take this blind over the best/any purchased ground blind any day of the week.

full-26433-38056-misc011.jpg

I made the move last year to a Clam; I tried to go on the cheap with Primos and others, but they were too small, too noisy, and the zippers were a disaster.

Not only does the Clam have ample room,it has a textured black interior that keeps it nice and warm--I sat in snow two days last May turkey hunting, so I know it will be great for late season deer hunting.

The zippers are smartly placed on the sides of the blind in a diagonal pattern and not at the seams running vertically.

There are multiple options with shooting, and there are some windows that have magnetic flaps instead of Velcro.

My first night using it this fall (September 20)I had two bucks walk within 20 yards broadside. I did have it out and set back off the trail, but they knew it was there. The next sit I had three does do the same thing.

Selecting a good chair is important, too, but there is ample space to pull back and draw from a sitting position.

It's not the same experience as sitting in a tree, but it is a great option for a new hunter to sit and experience bow hunting. And it's not a bad option for me either.