• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
erikwells

Deer hunting near a road

I looked through the 2012 regulations and couldn't find what the requirement is for hunting near a road. I found the 500 feet restriction occupied buildings and livestock. I'm thinking of setting up a stand about 200 feet from a county road. They define not shooting across a roadway etc..(I certainly wouldn't do that) but nothing I could fine about having a stand being required to be X feet from a road. Am I missing it?

Paceman, yeah I do too. I make it a point read the regulations being I'm too dumb to get away with anything. I have always known about the 500 feet from occupied buildings and livestock so I figured there might also be some threshold for how far you need to be from a roadway. Maybe I'm looking for something that is not defined. Thanks for the response.

I have never read anything about a required distance from a road. As long as you are off the road right of way and not shooting towards or across the road you should be totally legal. I have a stand that is about 50 yards off of a county road. It is very thick woods though.

I'm unaware of any restrictions on distance from road other than not shooting from the right of way.

200 feet from the road is over 60 yards so you should be good to go. Driving on country roads in MN you'll surely find thousands of stands much closer to the road than that.