• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite field blind

What is everyones preference for a field blind, I like the final approach eliminator a little tall in the field but if camoflauged right it works great and its quite comfortable. The only drawback is it takes up alot of room. I am also really impressed with the finisher it looks like a neat setup and it folds down for easy storage. I haven't hunted out of one of these yet but plan on it in the future.

hey icehawk
All my friends and i Hunt out of the finisher and it is great but like all blinds has some down falls like the tension cables broke on both mine and my cousins last year but Avery sent us out new ones so they are good as new. Their major assert is the way they fold down.

I have the Kelly Powers (Power Hunter). It is nice in the fact it is light. Not having the full frame, you can't easily keep your gun in the blind and quickly open and shoot without it hanging up on something. I just lay it right next to me.

I had the opportunity to use a beavertail blind on a guided hunt last early season, and let be tell you it is by far the most comfortable blind to lay in bar-none. The back is a solid wedge of foam. With foam sewn in the base pad. They also don't have a frame but the sides are two large "flaps" that when closed overlap and cover you.

If one could combine that foam wedge with an internal frame you would have the ultimate ground blind in my opinion.

I use the X-lander and like it for the fact that is virtually disapears in a field. It has a low profile witch is nice but,it makes it hard to call when you are laying that flat. I think the warden (wife) will inheret the X-lander and I am going to get a finisher next season.
The Eliminators are by far my favorite for comfort, but as IceHawk said they have a high profile and won't fit in some pickups.
mw

[This message has been edited by Mike Walerak (edited 03-23-2004).]

I like the finisher, I had one of the Gooseview destroyers and did not like that one at all. Good thing a hunting Buddys ran it over with his truck

Pimp I see you dropped the nickname and became a Prostaffer.
How was Redwing

This on goes out to the pimp,oops Mike Walerak, and labby. The blind is nice to nap in, but shooting geese is another trick. You can hunt out the most concealed blind on the market and not shoot birds. You first must be able to call the birds in. Ha Ha. Hope to see you in the field fellas. Flip

[This message has been edited by Flipnripem (edited 03-27-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Flipnripem (edited 03-27-2004).]

Hey everyone,
try this trick
if you ever hunt geese in a pasture or in a field next cattle try use a painted plywood cut out of a cow. works great in a pasture type setting, you can even use it to sneak up to them in a field. when you use it for a blind, you just keep it between you and the geese, if you want you can make two of them and sit in the middle of them. it works so well because there is no where to put a traditional blind in a cow pasture because there isn't enonough vegetation

I am a bigger guy and most of the blinds you are talking about are to small. I invested the extra money last year and bought the Final Approach Legacy. I love it. I have hunted out of the Pro Guide for years and think the Legacy is a much better blind for a big guy.
As far as the blinds being to high profile. I haven't had a problem as long as you spend the extra time in the morning to cover it with the vegitation you are in. I don't leave any of the material showing. It is worth the effort. I may be wrong, but have been told geese don't have depth perception (sp).
Remember HIDE, HIDE, HIDE.

------------------
Hunt Snow Geese, Save the tundra