• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Ghosts

LMITOUT

Only played one map after checking operation. Flooded map. Drowned 3 times and got gobbled up by the hound twice. Graphics ok at best. As stated above, figuring out character/loadout looks to be key. Lots of choices.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, after playing for a few hours last night I'm not really impressed. I'm sure it will take some getting used to but it seems they almost put too much into this. I really don't like having to buy everything, as I've found that it really isn't that easy at least yet to get the coins.....I would rather have it that you unlock gun accessories via kills with the gun.

My first impressions of the game were good.  The maps are a little too big and when people get good with the snipers, I think a lot of maps will turn into a snipe fest.  We had a couple of problems with matchmaking, but that is typical of the first night.   Hit detection seems really good as well as the graphics.  Lots of customization options will keep people busy for sure.  You can tell this isn’t a Treyarch game and that is a good thing. 

I played a little “Extenction” mode which seemed fun (Think zombies with aliens instead).

I liked the “Cranked” mode.  No camping whatsoever. 

A lot of the same COD feel, but first impression is much better than BLOPS

It had it's moments I will admit, sorry you got kicked from our Party Tro, don't know what the deal was. Cranked was fun, but I noticed that I was quite a bit more reckless once Cranked......which usually got me killed I only Blew up once.

Perfect day to be weathered out. 25 games in and really tired of getting shot in the back. Maps are huge. Harder for an oldster to memorize routes. Rarely does a game not time out before max score is reached. Trying to solve the mystery of squad points. Very arbitrary in their reward. Sounds like the cool stuff becomes available after level 20ish. Pretty campish so far but will write that off somewhat due to playing hc kc and newness of game. Could easily see this game being over run by snipers on several of the maps.

Bryce- I saw a youtube vid on how you attain squad points.. its not random at all.. you get 2 squad points every time you rank up. You get 1 squad point if you pick up the glowing blue brief case and complete the challenge it says. Then there are Perk Operations- look for them in your menu, supposedly they will change every two weeks.. but its stuff like run 5 miles with marathon as a perk.. ect.. any time you complete one of those missions you also get a squad pt. THEN.. if you complete multiple missions in that two week period, you then get bonus squad pts up to 5 in the two weeks.

Hope this helps!

Honeybadger not as cool as it sounds. Save 10 points. So far having my best luck with first two assault rifles.

Kind of glad I'm heading to nodak duck hunting. Let the big rush get it out of their system this weekend. Then lets see what these servers can really do. Right now, I see no improvement over bops. Laggy and can't win a gun battle for the longest time and then a streak where you can't lose. Going to try turning up sensitivity after a break and see if that helps. Really getting frustrating literally running around some of these huge maps for 15+ seconds of game time not seeing anyone and then get the jump on someone only to have them turn around and shoot you. Sound familiar?

Not nearly as much in the air with this version. Tough to get them tubes to diamond camo.

Going to hope for the best after my trip but fear I've seen RIP COD. The spawn is horrible. Getting worse by the game. Wonder if the Treyarch guys have burned off their billion to help out as a side gig.

I think you can get squad points by playing squad mode play on-line too. It's basically you and 5 bots vs another guy and his five bots. I played 2-3 games of that and then when back to multi-player I had 5 squad points. Didn't have any before I played squad.

I agree with Bryce, hard to find people. I was playing Cranked and even with everyone sprinting around I would blow up every time I was "cranked" because I couldn't find someone to kill. Maps are way too big.

My first two games I was 1-5 and 1-8. Was playing with the vector and I'd enter a room with an enemy and would have absolutely no chance at winning the gun fight. I would see one bullet and I'd be dead, but the kill cam would show him put 3-4 rounds into me before I started shooting.

Things got a bit better as I played more games, but not much.

I played a few games online last night and I lost nearly every gun battle if it was a head on battle. That, and trying to join a match took forever for some reason. I wish they would give us servers.....

They have dedicated servers for Ghosts, they're just not on-line yet. Wonder what they're waiting for?

The guns kill SO fast in Ghosts. I guess that can be a good thing to help counter lag, but I feel like I'm getting one shot sniped to the head when I have a close counters engagement.

The Squads mode is fun and I think Extinction will be cool. MP, I could take or leave..........leaning more towards leaving. As it seems to just be a Dropshot Campfest at the moment.

Yep, we played squads all night last night.  I like the concept, especially the incentive to build up your own well rounded squad and then challenge other squads.   Plus the AI is sort of predicable and it makes the game more enjoyable for me.   The AI doesn’t exploit glitches, doesn’t scream in your ear and doesn’t quickscope.    Yet they are very challenging.

I don’t remember exactly what the cost of each character is, but I have a feeling that the more expensive characters will equal a shorter learning curve (in regards to AI intelligence) when it comes to your squad.  Not sure if that is the case, but it would make sense.

Squads safeguard was fun, we did a few of those last night too.

I think the squads mode could possibly be the beginning of a major shift in online FPS gameplay

Yep squads is very fun. I also liked doing "Local Play" against bots as there I could setup all 5 of my classes as I wanted with whatever guns. This was good as then I was able to test out all the guns and accessories to see which ones I will later want to buy to use.

Nope. It is quite a bit different. Guns and accessories are anywhere from like 2-10 Squad Points per thing. So to unlock a gun and then add 2 accesories could be like 20pts which kinda sorta completely sucks in my opinion.

Nope. It is quite a bit different. Guns and accessories are anywhere from like 2-10 Squad Points per thing. So to unlock a gun and then add 2 accesories could be like 20pts which kinda sorta completely sucks in my opinion.

and the only way to get those is guy picking up the blue thing and completing the challenge and by playing squad stuff?

Or leveling up.. or completing one or all of the 5 challenges.

I actually like how they have it set up this time. You dont have to wait till level whatever to get the gun you want. get the pts and go and get it. I wanted to unlock whatever "off the grid"(ghost) and silencer for my initial gun.. and did.. I didnt have to wait till I got X number of head shots or whatever.. I just bought them with my points. AND, I did it mostly playing against bots. In the old games you couldnt do that.

My main point on the issue is that all the accessories cost points. I understand the perks or guns costing I guess. But to have each accessory cost stinks. I think you should unlock those based on kills with the gun.