• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sky Diving

The Grebe

Other then military paratroopers, I'm just talking about regular everyday people, how many of you have ever sky dived and lived to tell about it? This might be our next adventure and I think I may have to work myself up to it? Anyone care to share their experience?

I did my first and only jump back in 2004 at Skydive Hutchinson. I chose to do a tandem jump. Watched a short video and then they spent about 30 minutes working with us on what to do and not to do.

I would highly recommend taking a jump. I will do it again. The only thing I don't like is the cost.

There was a group that was set up at the airport west of my house (I think it might have been the same group out of Hutchinson). What a rush to just watch these guys hit terminal velocity. Ultimately the city said they couldn't keep their base at the airport and told them to shut it down. frown

Been there done that....it was a blast! Went with the group out of Wisconsin.

It was the official start to my bachelor party. I had always joked with my dad that I'd go skydiving before I got married because if the chute didn't open then it wasn't meant to be. Well, much to my surprise....he had my brothers and my brother in laws in on it and we went camping out in the middle of nowhere only to find out we were camping there and that I was lined up to jump first the next day. It was his way of contributing to my debauchery.

None the less, it is an absolute rush. I'll do it again someday but I want to take the classes so I can jump alone instead of tandem.

Once they pull the chute, you wouldn't believe how quiet and still it is.

Great times...glad I have the video and pictures to remember it by.

Steve

I bought a good friend a jump for his 50th birthday. He said I had to jump too so we both did. Honestly, I said my prayers before I jumped out of that plane. It was a rush, sprained my ankle on the landing but that healed, better me than him.