• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Colorado Fish Pictures!!!

I'm sure there is some pretty simple ways...but I'm not too familiar. I would do a quick goo gle search on "making picture files smaller" or something like that. I use the program/HSOforum Picasa to edit the colors and stuff on pictures, you could try that as well.

I took Monday off of work to hit the ice (I figured it would be one of my last times out on the ice this year as a I have the open water itch). I'm thankful I did because we had a great outing, my fishing partner Dillon got a Rainbow and a Cutbow both over 10 pounds. And I was lucky enough to reel in an over 13 pound female Cutbow. They don't naturally reproduce in this lake as there is no spawning area (running water or gravel) so she was holding a ton of eggs - to the point of looking unnatural. 28" and it was a fish of a lifetime for me to see!

full-30226-31451-dsc00429.jpg

full-30226-31452-dsc00430.jpg

I've hit a bit of a dry spell when it comes to fishing. My weeks and weekends have been pretty busy but I cannot wait to get more into fly fishing and can't wait to take my Kayak out for the first time in CO. In the mean time, let see some pictures from others!

Hey MNBassFisher-

My fiance and I are moving out to the area from WI/MN area next Thursday and I am ready to start the hunt for some "new" fishing. I have been excited to try Colorado fishing and was wondering for some helpful pointers. I too am used to having an abundance of fishing opportunities just 5 minutes from the house but nervous about the lack of lakes in the area. Well just wanted to introduce myself and maybe sometime after we get the headache of moving over we could meet up and chase after some trout sometime. I am a 30 year old hunting/fishing nut and we are moving northwest of Denver. Anyone elses help would also greatly be appreciated. I have been fly fishing/trout fishing Wisconsin rivers since I was old enough to get a pair of waders on. Well let the adventure begin and hopefully I can make Colorado's outdoors my new home. Thanks and good luck fishing all

I haven't been to CO since I moved back to WI. One of these days I'll get back for a visit though. Here are some old pics of some Colorado Native fishes

Cutthroat Trout - fun to sight fish in the high country lakes:

PICT1065.JPG

Flannelmouth Sucker - fun incidental catch on the Westslope:

P5210204.JPG

Roundtail Chub - another fun incidental catch from the Westslope:

P5200145.JPG

I took Monday off of work to hit the ice (I figured it would be one of my last times out on the ice this year as a I have the open water itch). I'm thankful I did because we had a great outing, my fishing partner Dillon got a Rainbow and a Cutbow both over 10 pounds. And I was lucky enough to reel in an over 13 pound female Cutbow. They don't naturally reproduce in this lake as there is no spawning area (running water or gravel) so she was holding a ton of eggs - to the point of looking unnatural. 28" and it was a fish of a lifetime for me to see!

Hey how about some of that Go-Pro footage! wink

full-30226-31451-dsc00429.jpg

full-30226-31452-dsc00430.jpg

WOW! What a beast of a fish! Congratulations. Are the mountains blue on that bottle in the background? grin

Ask and you shall receive! Ha

Just plan beautiful fish! I have a tear in my eye! wink How do I sign up for next years "Bay-of-pigs" grin

I noticed a few of the guys holding their rods straight down the holes. Don't you think that is a good way to have run break offs when you can't use the rod to take up the shock? confused

The weekend before that outing, those guys had a lot of breakoffs because they weren't doing it. The bottom of the ice was very jagged, the lake bottom is full of silt and bubbles come up all the time and it slowly eats away at the bottom of the ice at the end of the season. I have caught countless trout and pike that way in the last two years around some jagged ice holes and never had one snap me off so I don't think it's much of a problem but that's just my personal experience.

I've been very busy and haven't been getting out much lately but that's about to change come June. I went for a hike Sunday and brought my St. Croix travel rod. I fished for about 30 minutes and when I was about to pack up and move to other side of the lake when I saw a fish come up and smack my spinner about 6ft from shore. Got it close to my hands and realized I had my first Tiger Trout! For those of you that don't know what they are I will write up a post explaining them very soon, but they are a rare species (Brook and Brown).

Right down to the right is where I hooked the Tiger

full-30226-33306-img_20130519_124439_001

full-30226-33307-img_20130519_124928_001

full-30226-33308-img_20130519_124937_001

Hiked around the lake and got up on some very high rocks to get an aerial shot

full-30226-33309-img_20130519_144051_001

I just wanted to add a couple more photo's to this thread. I've been catching a lot of trout that aren't necessarily picture worthy but here are a few of some recent trips.

full-30226-35739-img_20130713_203317_001

My girlfriend, Kerri, casting for some sunset trout

full-30226-35740-photo_001.jpg

Gill hooked one "stocker" rainbow so I filleted him up...

full-30226-35742-img_20130713_220745_001

...and cooked him on the campfire!

full-30226-35741-ker&rainbow_001.jpg

Kerri outfished me that weekend for "stocker" sized bows