• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pistorius

Was it just me or did this guy make you wonder too? I had this feeling during the Olympics and I just didnt like the guy. Seemed like a Lance Armstrong like in the ways of gaining an advantage and his attitude. I just didnt know about him then and now with the murder deal, steroids, (I know the sport is just plain dirty with that) I get this sense that the pity for him was somewhat forced on us. Its like what happend didnt surprise me to the scope that it did in the media.

Am I alone here?

I listened to a 10 minute blurp on this case on CNN today.

At this time, I would have to hear more before I could say he was guilty.

If we found perople gulity due to the fact they could have used steriods, then we would have alot of guilty people.

I need more before I can make a decision on this one.

The more and more I read the creepier this story gets. When it came out it was like somebody came in the front door. Now it's that she went to the bathroom and he didn't notice she got out of bed? Then there was supposed yelling inside the residence? Bullets shooting downwards when he was on his stubs? Is this guy the second coming of OJ?

Lots of things don't add up with his story thats for sure.

Last i heard they don't even know if it was steroids or something else found at the home. All the cops know is that there were syringes found. Could be a lot of different stuff both legal and illegal. Also its likely it had nothing to do with the actual murder itself.

As far as his olympic story goes I guess I didn't notice anything off about it. The media certainly played up his story, and for good reason, it was interesting. As for his performance itself having run MANY races myself there are a lot of things that can cause inconsistent times. I remember one meet where my times were 1.5 seconds slower in one race and 4 seconds slower in another race all due to not getting enough sleep before the race and having a bunch of stuff that screwed with my race prep in the days before the meet. I felt normal on race day but it certainly didn't show up in my times.

The difference is these are professional athletes, you are not. The times should not be that inconsistant unless you pull a hammy and DNF. There was no WA times and as I recall he lost over a full second from 1st to semi rounds. That doesnt happen unless you give up at the end either which it looked not to be the case.

This trial/case is absolutley messed up.

He was a sprinter hopefully you weren't with the noted discrepancies in time you posted .. grin

Sadly I was a sprinter of sorts. I ran the 110 hurdles and 400 hurdles. I hadn't run that slow since my first high school meet years prior. Once I looked back at my pre race prep I could see all my mistakes and see how fatigued I really was.

Dr. Juice, professional or not people can still run bad races. I'm not going to read too much into a single bad race where his time was off. I've seen it happen to a lot of runners that were far better than I was. When you consider all of the media stuff he was doing at the time of his races i can see where he probably over extended himself and took the focus off of running, thats more than enough to kill a second in a 400 race.

I don't think I said anything of the sort, I never even mentioned his blades. Frankly I don't know enough about the blades to give a yes or no.

I do know that his blades went through an immense amount of testing to satsify the IOC and they felt that there was no advantage. The IOC isn't known for being overly lenient on those kinds of things so I'd probably tend to accept their findings. The IOC actually spent years trying to keep him out of the Olympics so you'd think they'd have to see some pretty compelling evidence for them to change their mind.