• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hawaii Photos

Dbl

Been gone since the 1st of Feb. in Hawaii, the only state I had not been to, cross that one of my bucket list. A few shots from the past 11 days. Most have little processing and are straight from the camera. A few such as the first would benefit from some mild HDR processing.

#1 Our first sunrise of the trip on Oahu.

2DBL4264-XL.jpg

2DBL4037-XL.jpg

#3 Great snorkling at Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve

2DBL4256-XL.jpg

#4 Very, very moving experience

2DBL4354-XL.jpg

#5 Looking forward from the Missouri toward the USS Arizona.

2DBL4366-XL.jpg

#6 And of course beautiful scenery, these are from Maui.

3DBL4400-XL.jpg

3DBL4408-XL.jpg

3DBL4434-XL.jpg

#9 Spinner Dolphins

3DBL4529-XL.jpg

#10 We have many, many more shots, planes, scenery, whales, boats, famous golf courses, night star shots, surfing, etc. I won't bore everyone with "my vacation photos" but will post a few more if anyone has something they would like to see. Our last night in Hawaii. We will be going back!

3DBL4652-XL.jpg

Nice! Go ahead and keep posting. I need to go back because photography was not an interest of mine when I was there.

I can't imagine not having a camera and capturing all there is to see there! I could spend about 2 months and go out everyday and still not have enough photos! I shot underwater video with my GoPro as well, haven't had a chance to even look through that!

Good Stuff DBL!

We were in Hawaii Feb 2 - 9, hit 3 islands but not Maui.

As you said, we will be going back..... awesome place!

Mike

We were there at the same time, 1st through the 11th. We were half the time on Oahu and the other half Maui. More islands to check out!

Dan, my wife and I went to Maui for our honeymoon. So far it has been my favorite place of all that I have visited. While driving just south of Lahaina early one morning, I think it was the morning we did the Road to Hana tour, I saw this tree just kinda hanging out over the water on a black sand beach. First thought was I need to photograph that before I leave. Last day there my wife slept in, I got up and went for a sunrise shot, even though it was on the west side of the island I wanted sunrise. It worked out pretty well.

6407751705_5276e13a15_z.jpg

Please post more, at least another series of 10. I could post up some other favs too if you don't mind a little add to your thread.

Ohhhhh....reminding me of our 1997 honeymoon, Maui & Oahu spectacular. keep the pics coming so my wife gets jealous and wants to go back. Maui volcano? Marine sanctuary SW of Maui? Turle town off Maui? Pearl Harbor made me feel completely insignificant. I dont think you can find a bad place anywhere. Did you drive the road to Hana? 7 Pools? we were supposed to go snorkeling in the bay but they had it closed off due to high winds, was a major bummer

Tom, that is a very nice shot! Ken you would not regret the trip! amateurfishing, why wouldn't she want to go back!!!! Missed the volcano this trip, did the marine sanctuary, we drove half way to Hana, some of the above pics are from that drive. Did an almost full day snorkel trip through the Pacific Whale Foundation. Fantastic trip, we were lucky it was one of the few days the wind did not blow.

I am a bit messed up got home on the red-eye flight from Maui on Wednesday afternoon. Left Maui at 10:30pm and went through Seattle back to MSP. Home 12 hours and now I am in San Francisco. Not sure right now if I am coming or going or what time of day it is!

Here comes another 10...you asked!

#1 My daughter enjoying the ocean spray in front of our Oahu condo!

2DBL4022-M.jpg

#2 She fulfilled a life long dream of swimming with the dolphins.

2DBL4171-M.jpg

#3 We all surfed! I won't let you see my surfing but my daughter looked like a pro and like me absolutely loved it. If I lived there I would be broke because I would spend all my time surfing! My body might tell me different though! The paddle out is the killer!

_MG_0164-M.jpg

#4 The world famous Pipeline surf spot on the North Shore of Oahu. A few days after this "Pipe" blew up into some of the biggest waves ever seen there. We were on Maui by that time. I looked at some on line galleries and it staggers the mind how they survive that surf!

2DBL4320-M.jpg

#5 Some of the best beaches in the world! My wife and daughter enjoying the sun!

2DBL4032-M.jpg

#6 Looking back toward Pehi (On Maui and the Hana highway), the famous big wave surf spot called "Jaws". Waves can reach over 100 high in the winter months.

3DBL4401-M.jpg

#7 On the Hana road. You can see taillights on the mountain side. What an experience of a drive!

3DBL4433-M.jpg

#8 We saw more whales than you can imagine! I never got the whale I shot I wanted but didn't spend much time trying. Next trip wink

3DBL4558-M.jpg

#9 My son is an avid golfer and golfed almost everyday there. Hawaii is a golfers paradise, a number of world class courses with tee times never an issue! He picked and choose the times he wanted and often played as a single. 18 holes in 3 hours was an average. The last two are from his last day golfing at Kanapali on Maui. He golfed the Plantation course, the first stop on the PGA tour each year! Stunning would not describe it. If you have watched it on TV it does it no justice!

His playing partner from Vancover shot this one of his attempts at playing out of the bunker. His first shot hung up on the tall grass above the bunker, his next was from where you see smile

P1000424-M.jpg

#10 Don't recall which hole this was, might have been 15.

P1000426-M.jpg

Just a couple more.

#1 The 18th at Kanapali Plantation course.

P1000431-M.jpg

#2 Night time stars are un-real! No lights to speak of so they blaze at you! This is from Maui looking east toward Kihei.

3DBL4615-M.jpg

#3 There is a reason the license plate features a rainbow. They are everywhere.

3DBL4626-M.jpg

3DBL4608-M.jpg

#5 My wife and I taken by my daughter! We will be back!

3DBL4648-M.jpg

nice shots!

#5 sure looks like Kailua beach on Oahu. As a boy we moved into a home just up the road a short ways. I went to school there. After school and all summer long I spent many a hour snorkeling, spearing fish, picking lobster and shells out around that island (called simply "Flat Island)and all along the reef down to the Mokolua Isands out from Lanikai beach. Some of the best beaches on Oahu I blieve are right in that area.

My favorite island for the sportsman is Molokai....Great hunting for axis deer and birds, fishing and spearing, along with lots of quiet.

nice shots!

#5 sure looks like Kailua beach on Oahu. As a boy we moved into a home just up the road a short ways. I went to school there. After school and all summer long I spent many a hour snorkeling, spearing fish, picking lobster and shells out around that island (called simply "Flat Island)and all along the reef down to the Mokolua Isands out from Lanikai beach. Some of the best beaches on Oahu I blieve are right in that area.

Great eye, you are correct on the location. Kailua Beach is just beautiful. We were staying just east of there less than 100 yards from Marine Corps Air Station, Kaneohe Bay.