• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So who here actually uses their generators?

pushbutton

Have my God Daughter and her mom, headed up this weekend and they are not exactly used to roughing it. Want to give them some comforts of home but also want to put them on fish. Do have a decent generator, but am one of those quiet low light freaks and have only used it to charge batteries during normally slow bite times. Soooo, who here uses theirs all the time? Or who does not and fished with someone who does? What say you.....am I justified in being a spazz or is it not really a big deal?

My buddy lives by his power. I only have a portable and my power is limited to about the light coming off my vexilar once the sun goes down. My buddy was the same for a while, until he got his 30 foot Ice Castle and installed a nice stereo system along with two 40" led tv's....with satellite.....to me thats not "fishing" but it is pretty nice.....anyway...I stopped out to his house this weekend for a bit and recall his being the only generatorin the vicinity

I normally don't use one all day but have been with people who did. If you can keep the generator in a truck box to minimize vibrations I think that would be best. If you are fishing in shallow water I would keep it as far away from the house as possible.

I use a Honda in the box of my truck & a 50ft extension cord. Most people that come to my shak can't even hear the thing running & ask what i'm using for power. Now if you are running a knock of brand that makes lots of noise i'd say leave it at home.

I have the Honda 2000 that I use occasionally to recharge my battery every couple of days so I don't run it every time I go out. It sits in the back of my Polaris Ranger about six or eight feet from the door of the house. I can hear it running a little if I listen for it. Haven't noticed it having any effect on the fish biting. Gets drowned out by the noise of the forced air furnace when that thing kicks on. If that doesn't scare the fish off, the generator surely won't.

I thought mine running was affecting me last year on LOW, but then the reports I read from others' just proved to me it wasn't the generator at all! I love being able to run my house on 110 and the daughter appreciates the movies and TV stations when the fish aren't biting... I haven't used mine much, but haven't used the house as much as I want to either!!! I agree with putting it in a truck box to cut down on the "vibe", but then there have been times people say the vibrations have helped when the fish weren't biting. I think it's more so a preference or luxury than anything else.

I was using my Honda 1000 with a 50' cord in 10' of water and caught the biggest walleye of my life last month. Had the generator on the back rack of my atv. That put my Worries to rest, it was a 28" btw.

Not me... WIND POWER... enough to run my inverter with TV DVD Microwwave and Deep Fryer, lights and heater. Generator stays at home!

olbaidhh- if you don't mind me asking....what did it cost to get all set-up with the wind generator? Thanks.

There are a bunch of write-ups on it out here... just search my name and wind generator...May have to go way back I have had it for a while now.

The total was about $250 to make it, and other parts purchased. WAY less than most generators..

here is one of the links

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2159215/1